Failed to Build the Unity Plugin

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Failed to Build the Unity Plugin

Postby JellyCake » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Hello,

For the past 2 days I've been trying to get Newton Dynamics to work with Unity using the guide posted on GitHub (the readme file) but to no avail. I've followed the instructions carefully as written on GitHub but when building the plugin solution I always encounter the error 'NewtonConvexCollisionCalculateBuoyancyAcceleration': identifier not found. Line 233 in the file newton_warp.cs.

I noticed that someone else on these forums had an issue building the plugin about 2 years ago which was resolved by changing the path. However, after changing the variable's path building the plugin failed since it could not find the #include files so that's probably not the cause.

I tried building using the community versions of VS 2015, 2017 (I've selected 10.0.17763.0 as the SDK version, and v141 of the platform toolset when prompted upon opening the solution file) and whatever version of VS 2017 that's installed when installing Unity. I also tried building the solutions on the 2015 static_md and dll directories, but again, the problem persists.

Regardless of the VS version used, Newton Dynamics always completes the build process without any errors, but the plugin fails. I've ran out of ideas to trouble shoot the issue, and I would appreciate any insight.

Thank you in advance,
JellyCake.
JellyCake

Re: Failed to Build the Unity Plugin

Postby Julio Jerez » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Yes that function changed, I see if I can update the plugin tonight.
Julio Jerez

Postby JellyCake » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try again once I notice the update on the plugin's GitHub page and post the result.
JellyCake

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am

ok you can try again
Julio Jerez

Postby JellyCake » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Hooray, it works!
I tested the demos just to make sure that there are no issues, it works just fine.
JellyCake

Return to Bugs and Fixes