Republican Intelectual.

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Republican Intelectual.

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 pm

This is why this country is going to *.
Julio Jerez

Re: Republican Intelectual.

Postby thedmd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:34 am

As far as I know Jordan Peterson is not a politician nor is associated with any party. So puting this in political context is usually first issue that has to be untangled to get into actual discussion.

I didn't manage to find in Genetically Modified Skeptic video description a link to source material. This mere thing will put this video in 'Opinions' category, not an 'Education'. Author do not want me to form my own opinion.

Is title referring to Perersons opinion or linked video? I do not know characteristics of political parties well enough to distinguish right away.
"God started from scratch too"
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 am

I do not care what he say he is or what he is not, in my book he is on the category of a Charleston conartist.

He most knows that what he is saying is pure nonsense, but he also knows that this kind of talk only make impact among ignorant Christians, racist and right wing supremacist. and those are the large majority of the base of the Republican Party.

There is not context that any rational person with a minimal degree of education will see a picture of coiling snakes and accept that the most parsimonious explanation is that God was telling the Jew, the Australians, the Egyptians and the Cheneese that it is a represenation of DNA over that those people saw Snakes having sex and they depicted it in the form of art.

But if you are Christian fundamentalist or a white supremacy who already believe that God spoke to certain kind of people, that kind of idiocy makes a lot of sense to those people.

this is not the only * this con man tells his audience, he also say thing like man are superior to weman, white are more intelligent than black, guy people should not have the same right the straight, and goes on and on, and his proof is that white man are at the top of the hierchical totem because they inherit that tray from Lobsters, I kid you not.

this is why Republican loves him, he is pseudo intellectual who make a mockery of science, and there is nothing that the Republican elite like more than an ignorant and stupid base.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 am

I hear you. Apparently I see things differently. When he is making a statement he is also pointing to sources on which it is based on. Sometimes there are theories, this is usually clearly stated. But whenever he is making sens or not is a matter of an interpretation of a listener. But I'm curious about something else.

For a while now I have a feeling that word 'racist' gaining different meaning. I'm not from States, so information come in chunks. Listening to some podcasts or, commentary or even things like CinemaSins it is hard to not notice a lot of things are called 'racist' where in my opinion they are not. Usually poor quality jokes and comments about how someone look, but they have nothing to do with race. I'm puzzled. Does telling joke about Jews make me racist? Because they are not only ethnic group I heard jokes about. There is a good taste which allow to laugh. Right now I have feeling all jokes are bad and people are triggered immediately by single word or topic. Can you clarify how it is?

As for parties I see they'are going so extreme to the left and right in their circle-shaped offices they actually touches their buts. Is there something in the middle?

Making a connection between shape of DNA and helices sounds like a very big stretch. Of course technically it is possible but very very unlikely. So I'm giving that a stamp of raw theory. I'm not going to think about it any time soon unless some evidence appear to be considered.

Men and women are different. Same species, different sexes. Some traits are stronger with men, some are stronger with women. I'm not finding any offence in stating that. This is actually what Peterson was telling in response to questions like "Do you think men are better than women?", etc. Next question usually pick a trait and try make comparison and promote answer to be applicable to first question. Weird, but people do that.

As a programmer you know, that not all classes are created equal. :)
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Making a connection between shape of DNA and helices sounds like a very big stretch. Of course technically it is possible but very very unlikely. So I'm giving that a stamp of raw theory. I'm not going to think about it any time soon unless some evidence appear to be considered.

Oh I see, so you think there is a small chance that coiling snakes is not how they have sex, but in fact is a representation of DNA?
and you think that maybe is possible that some evidence may come out to confirm that Jordan Peterson assertion?
you should probably register for his classes.

I do not think we have to go any further, is hard to come back from from those kind of believes.
Julio Jerez

Postby JoeJ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:23 pm

thedmd wrote:For a while now I have a feeling that word 'racist' gaining different meaning. I'm not from States, so information come in chunks. Listening to some podcasts or, commentary or even things like CinemaSins it is hard to not notice a lot of things are called 'racist' where in my opinion they are not. Usually poor quality jokes and comments about how someone look, but they have nothing to do with race. I'm puzzled. Does telling joke about Jews make me racist? Because they are not only ethnic group I heard jokes about. There is a good taste which allow to laugh. Right now I have feeling all jokes are bad and people are triggered immediately by single word or topic. Can you clarify how it is?

I'm from europe, and i miss most of this as well, but i assume the danger here is the internet. If you make a joke about Jews on twitter, it remains there and it is public world wide. So reading it on your twitter page i have no context if you mean that seriously or not, and i do not even question that. Due to our past making jokes about jews really is a no go in my country - i just assume there is some right extreme background - otherwise you would not dare to make such jokes.

And we could derive a similar situation from this:
thedmd wrote:Men and women are different. Same species, different sexes. Some traits are stronger with men, some are stronger with women. I'm not finding any offence in stating that. This is actually what Peterson was telling in response to questions like "Do you think men are better than women?", etc. Next question usually pick a trait and try make comparison and promote answer to be applicable to first question. Weird, but people do that.

Everybody knows woman and men are different, but ass soon as you point it out (which is just never necessary), it smells you could argue towards making one of the sexes 'better' than the other.

So i think the internet raises the need for political correctness to a very high level.
And on the other extreme it allows to spread total bullshit over youtube.
Youtube still spams me with alien and timetravel videos, just because i watched some of them for entertainment once. Strange scoring algorithms, they have...
JoeJ

Postby thedmd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Thanks JoeJ. It appear that most conflict has their origin in misunderstanding due to a lack of context. Since understanding take time and this is not something people like to spare for a stranger, stereotypes or shallow judgement is only guide. That would mean first impression is everything and better nobody found you hold an unpopular opinion. When people do, witch hunt will begin.

I understand that YouTube problem. Don't dear to watch one video about building a shed, or just play a kid fable once. You will see PePe everywhere.

Julio, please don't assume what I think. This DNA thing is as probable as seeing a unicorn behind my window. It would be exciting to find one, but I do not hold my breath.
If you know me you would know that 'believe' is quite far removed from my live.

Are you going to tackle a topic, how `racist` is defined nowadays in states? I'm still curious.
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 pm

thedmd wrote:Are you going to tackle a topic, how `racist` is defined nowadays in states? I'm still curious.

you do not have to take my work for it, you can take the word of these people
https://www.jpost.com/International/Jordan-Peterson-Douglas-Murray-blocked-on-Israeli-YouTube-ads-569530
the know racist when the see it, they have experience.
People like Jordan Peterson, Charles Murray, Sam Harris, Ben Shapiro, and few others in the so called The Dark Web are pandering to Nazis, the Ku Klux Klan, Fundamentalist Christians, right wing Supremacies and the Confederacy sympathizer by telling them a message that resonate with them.

If Jordan Peterson messages, for example a Transgender person do not have the right to called him of her by the name the want to be called, then his message resonates with you, it is on you.
he is simply using you for what you already think.

To the Israelis they know what that kind of rhetoric leads too and they are not exactly we you can call liberals. Jordan Peterson audience is made of the Racism the Misogynic and the Bigots.
Julio Jerez

Postby blackbird_dream » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:53 am

funny to see we have equivalent troublemakers here with similar strategies.
blackbird_dream

Return to General Discussion