NewtonCollisionSerialize has a dgAssert(0) in it?

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

NewtonCollisionSerialize has a dgAssert(0) in it?

Postby Marc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:53 pm

I try to serialize and deserialze a NewtonTreeCollision. I noticed that on the current version on github
in dgNarrowPhaseCollision.cpp on line 272 in void dgWorld::SerializeCollision(dgCollisionInstance* const shape, dgSerialize serialization, void* const userData) const there is a gdAssert(0) right at the start of that method. I tried removing it but then it crashes after deserializing then trying to use that collision to create a new body.

Am I doing something wrong? It used to work some time ago - that might have been months or years though.
Millenium Project Enterprises - Hobbyist Gamedev Group http://www.mpe-online.org
Walkover is now on Steam => http://store.steampowered.com/app/348700/
Marc

Re: NewtonCollisionSerialize has a dgAssert(0) in it?

Postby jamesm6162 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:58 am

Hi

I would also like to know why it's there.
Julio, should this not be removed?

Regards
jamesm6162

Re: NewtonCollisionSerialize has a dgAssert(0) in it?

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:30 am

you are not doing anything wrong, I made and optimization to newton 3.14 and usually when I do that, the change can have the potential to affect system that I can not forth see right away, so to fine the closure of the part that I am changing I rename it an place assert zero in all the place that the compiler tell me the will be affected.
them I made the change , and update all these place one at a time. Some time I forget to remove some of them after I am done.
sorry about that is fixed now.
Julio Jerez

Return to Bugs and Fixes