Newton SDK WIKI created

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Newton SDK WIKI created

Postby JernejL » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:27 am

I did some heavy editing of wiki for newton 2.0, i updated all changed functions, including most callbacks (i hope i didnt miss any callbacks), i also added deprecated templates to functions that were renamed or removed (like the vehicle and ragdoll joint, tree collision serialization, newtonaddbodyimpulse, etc..)

I didn't add new pages for new newton 2.0 functions yet, i'm going to do that when i have more time, but you are all welcome to help upgrading wiki documentation for newton 2.
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks for putting a lot of work into this Delfi!
Mark

Postby CHRISTYW744 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks
CHRISTYW744

Postby aqnuep » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi,

Can I edit the main page of the Newton SDK Wiki somehow? Because I would like to add e.g. a topic like "Categorized view of Newton 2.0 API functions", because there is only one for (probably) only 1.53.

If not, it is a problem if I change the "API Database" page to reflect changes made in Newton 2.0?
aqnuep

Postby JernejL » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:07 pm

I added you a link to it to main page, what description should go with it?

The main page is one of few that are locked only for wikisysop priviliges, to avoid abuse and spam..

Wiki will be down for a very short time sometime this weekend, i'm moving the database to the "correct" server it'll last max 10 minutes, probably faster (depends on amout of data to move).
JernejL

Postby aqnuep » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Maybe the name should be instead "Newton SDK 2.0 API reference" and the description should be "Categorized list of all functions in Newton version 2.0".

Thanks for telling me about the down-time. Hope I won't loose any work while it is done :P

Btw I progress well with covering undocumented functions in the API reference, hopefully finish it in a week or something like that.
However, there are stuff in which I'm not pretty sure, but there I wrote a few "??"s in order to indicate that this may be inaccurate information.

After I finish it, I'll probably add some usage examples with codes where necessary or useful.
aqnuep

Postby Stucuk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:15 pm

aqnuep wrote:Btw I progress well with covering undocumented functions in the API reference, hopefully finish it in a week or something like that.
However, there are stuff in which I'm not pretty sure, but there I wrote a few "??"s in order to indicate that this may be inaccurate information.

Please use the {{WIP}} template on pages which are a work in progress or may contain inaccurate information(I just added the template, forgot to add it before now). All WIP pages will show up in Category:Work In Progress.
Stucuk

Postby aqnuep » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Stucuk wrote:Please use the {{WIP}} template on pages which are a work in progress or may contain inaccurate information(I just added the template, forgot to add it before now). All WIP pages will show up in Category:Work In Progress.

Thanks! I've updated the affected Wiki pages.
aqnuep

Postby Stucuk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Btw, iv created a {{Outdated}} template for pages that were made for previous versions but are not marked as such. All templates that use a Warning Box now are using {{WarningBox}} as there base, so that only it needs to be updated to change the Warning Box's layout. Note that all templates have been protected to prevent accidental editing(I have seen it happen before where someone modifies a template he/she doesn't understand and it screws up the wiki's pages).
Stucuk

Postby JernejL » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Wiki upgrade in progress, should be back up soonish.

EDIT: wiki is back in business :D
JernejL

Postby aqnuep » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 am

aqnuep wrote:Maybe the name should be instead "Newton SDK 2.0 API reference" and the description should be "Categorized list of all functions in Newton version 2.0".

Sorry for disturbing you again because of the same topic, but can you rename the entry at the main page you've just created for me yesterday?
aqnuep

Postby JernejL » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 am

done :)
JernejL

Postby aqnuep » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:42 am

Delfi wrote:done :)

aqnuep

Postby yan007 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:32 am

Hi I used the NGD engine 1.53 before and now investigating the 2.0 version

The WIKI is nice but I would like to see more distinction for 2.0
Example: the features could be divided in subsections 1.53 an 2.0, so you immediatly see the Vehicle joint has moved in 2.0;
Also mention CustomJoints in the 2.0 subdivision.

Maybe also a page that mentions the big differences between 1.53 and 2.0, this could also be added in a more general item "roadmap"
(possible subtopics: functionality, performance, using NGD, ..)

It would be great if this was added!
yan007

Postby JernejL » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Main page has a link directly to http://newtondynamics.com/wiki/index.ph ... ewton_1.53 describing exactly what you need (differences from 1.53 and newton 2.x)

The functions pages were upgraded to new function parameter definitions, obsolete and redundant stuff for newton 1.53 was mostly removed from the wiki or i added warnings / redirects, this doesn't involve old car joint and some specialized functionality - not everything is complete on wiki, but most essentially needed things are.
JernejL

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion