Newton 2.0 differences

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Newton 2.0 differences

Postby Interface » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any substantial differences between 2.0 and the documentation on the wiki?
I'm new to the whole physics api thing, and I'm having some trouble getting the very basics to work.

I'm using the same calls to the API as the tutorial2-callback example, but my 2 boxes only collide with the world, not with each other (they move through each other).

I tried compiling the tutorial code with the 2.0 API but got all sorts of errors and I'm not really wanting to fix all the base code of the tutorials.

So, is there anything in 2.0 that may change the basic behaviour (aka do i need more initialization code then what's in the tutorial code?) or should i keep staring at this code some more and figure out what I did wrong? :-)

(ps: the reason i'm using 2.0 is because i'm developing on linux amd64 and Julio sent me the 2.0 binaries).
Interface

Re: Newton 2.0 differences

Postby Interface » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:05 pm

I guess I found it.

I don't have an explicit floor collision set up. Although objects collide and stop 'falling' at the "edge of the world", they will not hold any other objects on top of them. It kind of makes sense.
Interface

Return to General Discussion