Inactive body in the world

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Inactive body in the world

Postby issac_newbi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:23 pm

Hello masters!!

I am a newbie to the newtonSDK. I am doing my final year project with ogre, ogrenewt and newtonSDK. At this stage, I am placing a box on a bigger box, I called it ground. When the application starts, the box fall from somewhere a little bit higher onto the ground. I try to add a force to the box when my mouse click on it. I can successfully pick the box. I can apply a directional force on the box while it is falling at the very beginning. But I found that if I let the box fall and touch the ground and become static first, I can't add the force on it anymore. I have been thinking about why it behaves like this for a day, and now I recall a tutorial I saw in the wiki,

quoted from the "Tutorial - Ogre and Newton with OgreNewt beginners guide" in the wiki,
"Newton only calls the callback for bodies that are moving, bodies that have not moved since the last update are properly ignored."

Is it the reason why the box is not moved? If yes, how can I make it not ignored?

Thanks a lot for watching till this line, I try to give more information to my situation before I need to post some code here. MANY THANKS AGAIN!! =]
issac_newbi

Re: Inactive body in the world

Postby DarthGak » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Sounds like the object is frozen. Unfreeze it when you mouse click it.

http://www.newtondynamics.com/wiki/inde ... freezeBody
DarthGak

Re: Inactive body in the world

Postby issac_newbi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 pm

It works now!!!

Thanks a lot, DarthGak =]
issac_newbi

Return to General Discussion