Top Down City

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby SnadderLars » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:05 am

I don't think you need to comlpicate things with suspension, joints, etc. for a top-down game like this with flat ground.

Use the four corner velocities and apply forces at those same four corners and spend some time tweaking the force values... you should be able to achieve fun vehicle controls.
SnadderLars

Postby JernejL » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:57 am

SnadderLars wrote:I don't think you need to comlpicate things with suspension, joints, etc. for a top-down game like this with flat ground.

Use the four corner velocities and apply forces at those same four corners and spend some time tweaking the force values... you should be able to achieve fun vehicle controls.

i think it would actually need sort of suspension, since the game altrough it surely looks differently is fully 3D, and the map is not flat but has hills, ofcourse if the cars will have suspension they will need to be prevented to roll onto sides and roofs.

CyKo74: i will send you a private message about this :)
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Postby CyKo74 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:50 am

What i meant is that there is vehicle constraint interface which "provides basics functionality for simulating real-time simplistic vehicle dynamics". There's simple suspension, 4 wheels and main body. It's in there already waiting to be used :wink: .
CyKo74

Postby JernejL » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:02 pm

CyKo74 wrote:What i meant is that there is vehicle constraint interface which "provides basics functionality for simulating real-time simplistic vehicle dynamics". There's simple suspension, 4 wheels and main body. It's in there already waiting to be used :wink: .

yes i understand and have tried the car joint before, its cpu power usage is too high to have 5 of these active onscreen but this game will probably need more than that, plus for such arcade game that would be a little overhead to have a real car joint used..
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Postby CyKo74 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:44 am

Heh, guess what, right now i'm writing my own vehicle module. Gota few optimizations in mind. First of them is to code vehicle phisics from scratch using basic newton funcs.
Seya soon.
CyKo74

Previous

Return to User Gallery