Little basketball game

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Little basketball game

Postby kallaspriit » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:02 pm

I started learning C++ just over a month ago and decided to make a little game for practise. For graphics I am using the simple Irrlicht and for physics Newton ofcourse. My game is a basketball game called "5 Minus" where the point is that one player has to throw in from some spot and then other players have to throw in from the same place until someone misses and gets a minus and so until only one player is left - he is the winner. You can move around the court with arrow keys or WASD, to throw you have to hold on the left mouse button and the longer you hold it, the harder you throw. You can also make the ball rotate towards you or away from you (how is it called in english?), it affects the result when the ball hits the board. Anyway try it, after some time it gets quite playable and is a lot of fun to play together with somebody :P

Download | 5.6MB
kallaspriit

Postby walaber » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:36 pm

cute game! i like the interface, and the ball throw controls. 8)

are you panning on turning this into a complete game, or are you going to move on to another project?
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Assembler » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:13 pm

cool game :=)
Programming is just for 15 year old boys! Not for grown ups! :)

http://www.celement.de (currently german only)
Assembler

Postby kallaspriit » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:37 pm

The game was done mainly for learning purposes and right now I am not planning to make more of it. By the way the court in the game is exactly like the one we used to play on during the summer if you are wondering why does it look just like this :P

I have been looking forward to the 1.35 to experiment with vehicles but it seems to take more time then I thought. But it's ok, the longer it takes the better it hopefully gets :)

Glad you like the game, billiard or bowling would probably be a lot of fun with Newton too so some ideas for the future :wink:
kallaspriit

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:08 pm

Hang on there my friend, 1.35 seems to be slowing down but believe me it is not. In fact there is quite a bit of activity going on behind close curtains.
Julio Jerez

Postby kallaspriit » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:21 am

Good, keep up the great work :P
kallaspriit

Postby metalmariobros » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:07 pm

I played that game for about 15 minutes and didn't even realize it. That's a thumbs up
As I lie in bed, staring up at the stars, I wonder, "Where is my ceiling?!"
metalmariobros

Postby kallaspriit » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:33 am

Hehe good, it's most fun to play with some friends :P
kallaspriit

Return to User Gallery