Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby Spline » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:20 pm

Hi Walaber

Your doing a great job, helping people like me be able to use newton
first with DP Pro and now Ogre.

I have a small problem, iv only got Visual Studio 6
is there any way you could create OgreNewt for VS6
i have tryed to convert it, but with out any C++ know how have hade no success.

I would be most greatfull

Keep up the great work :lol:
Spline

Postby walaber » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:39 pm

if there is an easy way to save a VS6 project file from VS7.1, then I'd be glad to do it... but I'm not sure how to do that... :wink:
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby The unProfessional » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:16 pm

You should be able to get OgreNewt to compile under VS6 without any problems. Did you try it?
The unProfessional

Postby monster » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Haven't tried it, and I don't know if it works for VC7.1 projects, but;
VC++7 to VC++6 project converter
monster

Postby Spline » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:01 am

Hi Peeps

Iv tryed using the VC++7 to VC++6 project converter
i think everything is set up right but i get some error
any one have any ideas , i started compilling OgreNewt_Main
debug then release

--------------------Configuration: OgreNewt_Main - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
Line3D.cpp
c:\programming\stlport-4.6.2\stlport\stl\type_traits.h(361) : fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit
OgreNewt_BasicFrameListener.cpp
c:\programming\stlport-4.6.2\stlport\stl\type_traits.h(361) : fatal error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to specify a higher limit
OgreNewt_BasicJoints.cpp
OgreNewt_CollisionPrimitives.cpp
c:\programming\ogrenewt\ogrenewt\ogrenewt_main\src\ogrenewt_collisionprimitives.cpp(138) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
c:\programming\ogrenewt\ogrenewt\ogrenewt_main\src\ogrenewt_collisionprimitives.cpp(108) : see declaration of 'i'
OgreNewt_ContactCallback.cpp
OgreNewt_Joint.cpp
OgreNewt_MaterialID.cpp
OgreNewt_MaterialPair.cpp
OgreNewt_Tools.cpp
OgreNewt_World.cpp
OgreNewton_Body.cpp
OgreNewton_Collision.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

OgreNewt_Main_d.lib - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)

--------------------Configuration: OgreNewt_Main - Win32 Release--------------------
Compiling...
OgreNewt_BasicFrameListener.cpp
OgreNewt_BasicJoints.cpp
OgreNewt_CollisionPrimitives.cpp
C:\programming\OgreNewt\OgreNewt\OgreNewt_Main\src\OgreNewt_CollisionPrimitives.cpp(138) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
C:\programming\OgreNewt\OgreNewt\OgreNewt_Main\src\OgreNewt_CollisionPrimitives.cpp(108) : see declaration of 'i'
OgreNewt_ContactCallback.cpp
OgreNewt_Joint.cpp
OgreNewt_MaterialID.cpp
OgreNewt_MaterialPair.cpp
OgreNewt_Tools.cpp
OgreNewt_World.cpp
OgreNewton_Body.cpp
OgreNewton_Collision.cpp
Error executing cl.exe.

OgreNewt_Main.lib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Spline

Postby tomek » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:13 am

So basically there are two errors - one can be fixed by this compiler optiom /Zm and second is caused by this:

Code: Select all
for( int i=0; i<5; i++)
{
}
int i;

In VS6 int variable defined in for isn;t internal to for block, but is visible after for too, so 'standalone' int i; declares already declared variable. I don't know if there's method to disable this behaviour in VS6.
tomek

Postby Spline » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:09 pm

O well thanx anyway, i hoping to get visual studio.net 2003 soon so that
will ease the pain :roll:
Spline

Postby Robomaniac » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:46 pm

Could you release your rigid body editor. I can write/contribute a generic loader for OgreNewt if you wish.
Stephen Eckenrode
Lead Programmer/Project Head
Centaur Force
Robomaniac

Postby walaber » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:52 pm

I've been holding off on the Rigid Body Designer tool, because it's still very low on features... however I agrree that it might be useful for Ogre users...

I guess I'll just release the code then... although it's pretty messy :D
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Robomaniac » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:06 pm

<pokes>

<prods>

c'mon...do it ;)

[edit]
btw walaber, you should join the ogre3d irc channel, its fun ;) and we need a resident newton expert there :)

#ogre3d on irc.freenode.net
Stephen Eckenrode
Lead Programmer/Project Head
Centaur Force
Robomaniac

Postby bal » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:53 pm

Just wanted to say I'm working on my own wrapper (based on monster's code he released a while ago). Currently developing the ragdollsystem. It's like this at this moment: You create a new instance of NewtOgre::RagdollBone, you assign an Ogre node to it + all the other parameters (do this for all the bones you're going to need). Then you can add them with NewtOgre::Ragdoll's function addBone()/addBones(). Imo this way of working is quite flexible. Any comments :) ?
bal

Postby Quimbly » Mon May 30, 2005 11:33 am

Any news here?
Quimbly

Postby walaber » Tue May 31, 2005 11:11 pm

as for OgreNewt, a new version will be out after the next patch to the Newton SDK is released. a few new feautres, more demos, etc.
walaber

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:34 am

I am not walaber spokeman, but for what I had seen, I can say I have seen the light. :D
Julio Jerez

Debugging with Ogrenewt?

Postby ghefu » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Hi,

as far a can see there is a Debugger class in ogrenewt using some util functions of newton, how is it to supposed to be used?
It looked to me like i could have the collision body be visible then.
I tried like this:

OgreNewt::Debugger* debugger = new OgreNewt::Debugger();
debugger->init(mSceneMgr);
debugger->showLines(mWorld);

However, this gives me an error telling me that i can't access a private member(debugger::debugger())... so i looked into the header from OgreNewt (OgreNewt_Tools.h):

class Debugger
   {
   private:   

Debugger();
      ~Debugger();

I tried putting construcor and deconstructor into public, but that gives me this error at linker time:
 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall OgreNewt::Debugger::Debugger(void)"

So... was anyone successful using it, or is it the wrong way anyway?
ghefu

PreviousNext

Return to User Gallery