Question about a particular Newton setup

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Question about a particular Newton setup

Postby misho » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:03 pm

Thanks Julio!

Ok making a bit of a headway. I created x64 project using VS 2017, and the only flag I chose (aside from 3 default flags) was double precision (I need double precision). I am getting errors in ndBrainLayer.cpp:

Code: Select all
6>ndBrainLayer.cpp
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(169): error C2664: 'void xmlGetFloatArray(const nd::TiXmlNode *const ,const char *const ,ndArray<ndFloat32> &)': cannot convert argument 3 from 'ndArray<ndReal>' to 'ndArray<ndFloat32> &'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(175): error C2664: 'void xmlGetFloatArray(const nd::TiXmlNode *const ,const char *const ,ndArray<ndFloat32> &)': cannot convert argument 3 from 'ndArray<ndReal>' to 'ndArray<ndFloat32> &'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(210): error C2665: 'xmlSaveParam': none of the 9 overloads could convert all the argument types
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(39): note: could be 'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,ndInt32,const ndBigVector *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(38): note: or       'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,ndInt32,const ndFloat32 *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(31): note: or       'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,const char *const ,const char *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(210): note: while trying to match the argument list '(nd::TiXmlElement *const , const char [12], ndInt32, const T *)'
6>        with
6>        [
6>            T=ndReal
6>        ]
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(218): error C2665: 'xmlSaveParam': none of the 9 overloads could convert all the argument types
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(39): note: could be 'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,ndInt32,const ndBigVector *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(38): note: or       'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,ndInt32,const ndFloat32 *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\sdk\dCore\ndTinyXmlGlue.h(31): note: or       'void xmlSaveParam(nd::TiXmlElement *const ,const char *const ,const char *const ,const char *const )'
6>C:\newton-dynamics-master\newton-4.00\thirdParty\brain\ndBrainLayer.cpp(218): note: while trying to match the argument list '(nd::TiXmlElement *const , char [256], ndInt32, const T *)'
6>        with
6>        [
6>            T=ndReal
6>        ]
Misho Katulic
CTO, FSX SpacePort
TerraBuilder
www.terrabuilder.com
misho

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:46 pm

sync, I fixed few days back.
Julio Jerez

Postby misho » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:48 pm

Julio Jerez wrote:sync, I fixed few days back.

Ok, good, It compiled clean. I built DemoSandBox... it is working, but loading a lot of test cases causes CTD.

So, I have a few questions:

• 3.14 had about 10 libs I was linking to (Scene, Math, CustomJoints, Core, Physics, ...). Now there is only one lib, ndNewton, correct?
  • My setup closely follows DemoSandBox's structure and flow (Entity, EntityManager, etc)... Did that structure and flow change drastically?
  • Is there perhaps a guide to migration from 3.14 to 4.00? More specifically, a migration guide relating to DemoSandBox?

Thanks!
Misho Katulic
CTO, FSX SpacePort
TerraBuilder
www.terrabuilder.com
misho

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 pm

Some sandbox demos will crash now because, I am trying to do a port to android studio.
And I found that some demos will not play nice with andoird studio open gl. In the demo I load all the textures and all the shader and never release them, but in Java if I did that, and I remove a revenue to that object, the Java will reclame the memory, and that cases a bad u predictable crash.

So I figure I better fix that in the cpp demos, and them port them to Java classes.
I should have finish this weekend.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 pm

Yes, ithe default is one library.
You can still make the separate libraries, but for some one using the physics that of little use.

For some one writing tool, like a file export ot something them thi might onle one the ndCore.

And there is a very simple hello word demo
Called ndTest. You can select that in cmake and see how to make a basic rigid body and joints.
Them from there it is more repetition of the same.
Julio Jerez

Previous

Return to General Discussion