visual studio 2015 errors, for not reasons.

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

visual studio 2015 errors, for not reasons.

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 pm

I am no sure what happened but somehow today I am getting these warniobng errors in VS 2015

Code: Select all
>Target "_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets" from project "C:\Users\jjerez\Documents\GitHub\newton-dynamics\applications\demosSandbox\projects\visualStudio_2015\demosSandBox.vcxproj" (entry point):
1>       Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ( '$(_InvalidConfigurationError)' == 'true' ) was evaluated as ( '' == 'true' ).
1>       Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ( '$(_InvalidConfigurationWarning)' == 'true' ) was evaluated as ( '' == 'true' ).
1>       Using "Message" task from assembly "Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Core, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a".
1>       Task "Message"
1>         Configuration=Debug
1>       Done executing task "Message".
1>       Task "Message"
1>         Platform=Win32
1>       Done executing task "Message".
1>       Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(OutDir)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(OutDir)')) was evaluated as ('../../Win32\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('../../Win32\')).
1>       Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(BaseIntermediateOutputPath)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(BaseIntermediateOutputPath)')) was evaluated as ('obj\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('obj\')).
1>       Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(IntermediateOutputPath)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(IntermediateOutputPath)')) was evaluated as ('Win32/demosSandBox/Debug\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('Win32/demosSandBox/Debug\')).
1>     1>
1>Done building target "_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform" in project "demosSandBox.vcxproj".

the code compile but that was there ebefore and I do not knwo hwo to get rid of it..
Julio Jerez

Re: visual studio 2015 errors, for not reasons.

Postby thedmd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:55 pm

It looks like MSbuild logs. Please check Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions -> Build and Run. Are both "MSBuild project build output verbosity" and "MSBuild project build log verbosity" set to "Minimum"?
"God started from scratch too"
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:04 pm

it is really, really horrendous,
can you please fix it and make a pull request, I have no idea hwo tha happen, but it happen even with older solutions. and I have no touch the compute all week since I was very sick with bronchitis.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Oh thank you, one was set top detail, and the other to minimal.

I have not idea how that happened, Microsoft update must it do it, because I notice they changed my version of Visual studio, the version I have no integrate with GitHub and do not remember doing that,
I do not really like that because now even I delete archive VS find it and ask me if want to sync to it.
no sure how that happen but it was no me.

Thank you for the tip, that solve those annoying warnings and errors.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:12 pm

This setting is in IDE options and is not dependent from solution nor project file. I'm not sure how PR could solve this.

I'm talking about these dialog:
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:24 pm

yes I saw that and fixed, thank you.
what I said is that I have not idea how it happened in the first place since I have no touch it.

But anyway is good now, thanks.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:31 pm

You're welcome.

I can confirm that latest revision of Newton compile cleanly on my machine.
thedmd

Return to General Discussion