Tire rotation axis

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Tire rotation axis

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:51 pm

If you do that, this because you want to do it not because the newton library, like I said before
you do not have to insert anything, the offset matrix is a constant 90 degree rotation,
this is not different that multiplying a variable by a scalar constant in a functions.

If you look at the pseudo function I copied, that matrix is declared as a static variable that is part of the function that update the tire matrices of a vehicle.

This was the same in the pass as well, the difference is that in the pass the tire were not newton bodies the were collision shapes so I have to calculate the matrix and if you ever use it you must do the same thing that is doing now, the difference is that now instead of getting the matrix from the vehicle it get it from the newton body that makes the tire.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 pm

maybe if you look at the basic car demo, which using basic collision shapes instead of meshes so is simpler and you can understand better before you try to apply to your meshes.
Julio Jerez

Postby pHySiQuE » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:02 pm

I already have a huge class that updates entities for only physics bodies that were active in the last frame. I have to work my solution into that existing code.

The crazy behavior of the vehicle is due to something else. It acts the same if I leave it with the default sideways configuration.

I copied all the parameters from the supercar demo line-by-line but there are so many settings, and I obviously have something wrong. Moving backwards plus brakes will make the car fly.
https://www.leadwerks.com/files/NewtonCar.zip
pHySiQuE

Previous

Return to General Discussion