Build newton dynamics with Visual Studio

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Build newton dynamics with Visual Studio

Postby SBlade » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Dear All,

I'd like to run the demos which ships with newton dynamics folder downloaded from github. If I try to run the NewtonTutorials.sln from C:\...\newton-dynamics-master\applications\tutorialsSDK200 folder I got the

Code: Select all
Severity   Code   Description   Project   File   Line   Suppression State
Error (active)      cannot open source file "JointLibrary.h"   Tutorial_101_GettingStarted   c:\...\newton-dynamics-master\applications\tutorialsSDK200\Common\stdafx.h   34   

I sought whole Newton dynamics master folder for JointLhbrary.h but I couldn't locate it, so it is not a surprise taht compiler raises an error about it, is that the deprecated syntax or something obselete in the code? How am I supposed to eliminate it ?
SBlade

Re: Build newton dynamics with Visual Studio

Postby Sweenie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Don't know how updated the tutorials are but if it's the sandbox demos you want you will find the solution file under applications/Demossandbox/projects/visualstudio_<version>
The compiled exe can then be found under applications/demossandbox/win64(or win32)
Sweenie

Postby SBlade » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Sandbox is quite good, in terms of one can quickly see what newton really is,but we couldn't set break point to see exactly how newton engine is runing at the bottom line. For that purposes instead of executable I prefer to run examples from the code.
SBlade

Postby JoeJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:06 pm

The source code of the sandbox is in the folder Sweenie (and i in the other thread) said.
It should compile without errors.
Tutorials are outdated but still a refernce on how to setup things (Sandbox is quite large for this).
JoeJ

Postby SBlade » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Most of examples crushes, especially the aritculated robotic actuator joints, is there a way overcome that?
SBlade

Postby JoeJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:08 pm

SBlade wrote:is there a way overcome that?

Yep: Waiting :)

There is also a stable branch on githib. Actually there are lots of changes so a lot of stuff is broken.
JoeJ

Return to General Discussion