Unity plugin progress?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Unity plugin progress?

Postby Sweenie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Julio Jerez wrote:I found this tutorial that allow to make short editor cuts for slider
https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/top ... list=17114

so I though maybe ether are more short cut like that, by I can not find in the doc a list of these brake stuff.
one thing that bather me Is that way Unity baby sis the user base with these blend tutorial, that for a beginner who know nother are really good, but then soon become like washing a re run of a sitcom.

The Place I find about these braked statement is when you use them or when I type in google and some want ask about.

do you know where to find information about the list of those editor commands?

These are called Attributes in .NET and they can be added to either classes or class members.

Here is a list of Attributes specific to Unity.
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc ... tMenu.html
This link points to the first attribute in the documentation but check the tree on the left to see the others.
Further down in the tree you can also see Editor specific Attributes.

Actually the attribute i linked to we used alot, its the attribute that makes the component visible in the component menu in the editor. :)
Sweenie

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 pm

well yes I have seen that attribute docs, but for what I can see it doe not show everything.

for example is you look at RangeAttibute documentation
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReferenc ... -ctor.html

the explain as if it was and editor thing, or at least is hard to decodes how is to be use in a script,
if you look at the tutorial what they use is kind of a meta code that automatically generates all of the editor stuff form the script.
[Range (min, man]]

and when I try to look for the list of those bracketed attribute I do not find them describe anywhere.
take for example this that I saw of another YouTube video and seem very useful for separating related data: [Header("rigid body data")]

Edit:
after look it some more, I see that there are many more explained, maybe I just has the bad luck to search for the one the is not documented.
Julio Jerez

Postby Tigershan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:53 am

I was wondering if anytime soon we will have a Unity Plugin support cross platform for Unity. IOS/ANDROID. Seems like the best way to get this engine name out there is through Unity as 3D deterministic simulation physics engine for cross platforms, it seems like unity plugin has been developing around 1-2 years ago.
Tigershan

Previous

Return to General Discussion