Introducing Newton Scripting language

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Introducing Newton Scripting language

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm

but that does not looks any different, I still see two comiss and two jmps. this is terrible code.
Code: Select all
$LL4@main:
   comiss   xmm0, xmm2
   jbe   SHORT $LN31@main

comiss   xmm1, xmm0
   ja   SHORT $LN21@main
$LN31@main:

that's probably the worse small loop that you can probable make because the two jumps that represent the min and max are very much random therefore branch prediction is trashed, only the loop jump can be predicted.
The code should generate the minss and maxss instruction so that the entire loop can be perfected and pipelined even if the instructions are slower. Are you sure this was the newer version of VS?

Anyway I will acquired VS 2017 professional at some point because I need to move with the punches, but I do not put my hopes high when it comes to MS.
Julio Jerez

Postby Schmackbolzen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Uh, yeah sorry I was in a hurry and mixed up the instructions. Next time I'll wait until I really have the time. I'll edit the entry to not confuse anyone.

As I wrote you only need to buy the professional version if you want to sell your software. The license of the community version is rather permissive and there is not really a difference to the professional version.
Schmackbolzen

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Schmackbolzen wrote:As I wrote you only need to buy the professional version if you want to sell your software. The license of the community version is rather permissive and there is not really a difference to the professional version.

yes I know but the free version do not accept plugins like visual assist, only that changed.
Julio Jerez

Postby Schmackbolzen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:09 pm

No, they do. I use a few. Also here http://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W548 you can see that it is supported. Although I never needed this extension since the productivity power tools extension from MS has gotten quite good.
Schmackbolzen

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm

alright I will try the free version them. Thank for the info
Julio Jerez

Previous

Return to General Discussion