Windows: which library to link?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Windows: which library to link?

Postby hpesoj » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Julio and co. I have downloaded Newton 2.00 and am trying to compile the latest version of OgreNewt using GCC 3.4.5. However, whichever library I link to, I always get this error:

Code: Select all
Creating library file: bin\Release\libogrenewt.a
I:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\ld.exe: warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import specified on the command line.
This should work unless it involves constant data structures referencing symbols from auto-imported DLLs.Cannot export Newton_NULL_THUNK_DATA: symbol not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I can see that all the libraries are labelled as VC7 and 9, so are these libraries incompatable with other compilers? I am not very knowledgable about the workings of compilers/linkers, so forgive my ignorance.
hpesoj

Re: Windows: which library to link?

Postby hpesoj » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 am

It just dawned on me -- the problem is probably because I am using an old version of GCC. I become blind to these sorts of things after hours of painful installation of software and libraries :P. I'll report back if this is indeed the case (not that anyone except me actually cares...)
hpesoj

Re: Windows: which library to link?

Postby JernejL » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:19 am

I'm not sure if msvc libs can be linked with gcc, if they cannot be linked just link to the DLL dynamic library, there you can then use msvc7 or 9 dll, i suggest msvc 9 because code is probably better optimized.
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Return to General Discussion