Newton 2.0x Archemedia Open Beta

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Re: Newton 2.0x Archemedia Open Beta

Postby KingSnail » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:10 am

I personally cant wait until Newton 3 :)
I hope it will have a really stable collision system especially for character controllers
Working on an MMORPG powered by Newton Dynamics.
KingSnail

Postby shybovycha » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 am

Hey, guys!

Got a small question: does Google Code supports multi-developer (aka collaborative) development?

Ah and one more: what's the purpose of Newton 3.0 branch start whilst Newton 2.xx is not totally finished yet? =)

Thanks!
shybovycha

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am

Yo do not want a newer better and faster version?
Julio Jerez

Postby shybovycha » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:46 am

Surely no if it will not be complete and stable ;)
shybovycha

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

well in that case you can use core 200, core 300 started whe core 200 stops and is backward.
I kept compatible and each improvement or bug fix in core 300 in also fixed in core 200.
however core 300 is now at a point that new funtionality makes it not longer compatible with core 200. therefore core 300 now is making its phoenix fligh
some of the functionality in core 300 cannot be put back into 200, for example.

-you can add or remove sub shapes in to compound collision, soon you will be able to manipulate the matrix as well. in core 200 the compound is not dynamically optimized, so implementing that will makes core 200 slow.
-core 300 not longer required world bounds, this is a feature that will be used for unlimired size world wich can support streaming .
-closest distance is now suported on all shapes, this is an extremally powerful feature that will be used to make a new kind opf player controller that
walk more like humans as oppost to what everyone does where a player walk like an idtiot scraping against walls and floors, it will also be used for
none capsule based controller where each body part will be its own capsule doing its own thing, and cooodinating with a higher level master controller.
those are just three new funtionality but there are sevarl hundreds other improvement and new features.

you may think is not stable, but core 300 is being tested by many people.
I do have a highet standard for realease code, a newton Alpha is more stable that most Candidate realise for oteh developers.

you can simple replace the library you are using with the new core 300, as long as you do not use core 300 funtionality, they are compatible.
if you find is no better then you simple chnag eteh path to core 200 again
Julio Jerez

Postby shybovycha » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:33 am

Hmmm... sweet features... Gotta try it in the "real project" when finish my pretty coursework hehe =3
shybovycha

Postby shybovycha » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:14 am

For some reason i can not control any demo with keys (demos from within newton-dynamics\applications\newtonDemos\Win32 and newton-dynamics\applications\newtonDemos\x64). And source code did not give me any hints on how to do it... So, i'm back to my thought that 3.0 is still too early to be launched...
shybovycha

Previous

Return to General Discussion