Opinions About Newton

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Opinions About Newton

Postby TonyMc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:10 am

Hello everybody will like them? My name is Leandro and would like to make consultations to you. I'm working on developing a simulator for racing cars, and we have had problems with the engines of free physical, mostly when we put them to work in network. The ODE engine as a non-deterministic, does not produce the results we had hoped. We are currently testing the Bullet, but we have met with some drawbacks, too. We are evaluating the possibility of using Newton as the engine of physics, that you have opinions on it. It is a motor vehicle to carry out simulations, "know how networking works, is a deterministic engine?, All their comments would be very helpful, thank you for your time and greetings
TonyMc

Re: Opinions About Newton

Postby Rune Hunter » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:16 am

Newton 1.53 is a determanistic engine, however it had one fault. It kept an internal cache which may or may not throw networking off a bit. Newton 2.0 (beta) has fixed that issue by allowing you to flush the cache. So for the networking side of things Newton 2.0 should be perfect for your needs.

Concerning the vehicles, Newton 2.0 also delivers largely. You have the choice between a ray casting vehicle and, I believe, a more motorized vehicle joint. I think Newton 2.0 will meet your needs. It does take a little time to learn how to use correctly and what not, but feel free to ask for help on these forums.
Newton Help Documentation for 1.53: http://www.runehunter.phpnet.us/NewtonHelp.html
Rune Hunter

Return to General Discussion