Is it Newton, or is it my compiler, or is it my code?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

Is it Newton, or is it my compiler, or is it my code?

Postby Sgt. Sparky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 pm

Hello, I'm a bit new to the forum (and especially to the Newton Dynamics physics engine.) I'm attempting to build a simple engine that uses Irrlicht and Newton. It all seemed great, I got it to compiles without errors, and I got Irrlicht to work just fine. The only problem now is Newton. I get it all to compile, I have the dll in the proper location, but None of the callbacks are getting called. I have all the callbacks set, and I made sure that it is updating every frame, but the problem still remains. If a moderator needs to view my code, I'm fine with that. I'm using Visual Studio C++ 2008 express edition, and I have the latest versions (except for the Newton 2.0 Beta) of Irrlicht and the Newton Dynamics physics engine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--Sgt. Sparky.
Sgt. Sparky

Re: Is it Newton, or is it my compiler, or is it my code?

Postby Aphex » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:50 am

Usual cause of no callbacks = the object is outside of the physics world limits... is this the case?
Aphex

Re: Is it Newton, or is it my compiler, or is it my code?

Postby JernejL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:46 pm

What aphex said, also your body might be in frozen state, newton 2.0 calls forcetorque for every frame until the body freezes and has to be unfrozen manually before applying it force, in newton 2.0 you get callbacks called always except if body fell out of simulation area.
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Return to General Discussion