How to set user-defined complete motion state of a vehicle?

A place to discuss everything related to Newton Dynamics.

Moderators: Sascha Willems, walaber

How to set user-defined complete motion state of a vehicle?

Postby asmc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:39 am

Hi,

I downloaded NewtonSDK (Newtondynamics_Win-1.53_setup.exe) where I'm trying to modify "tutorial_09_SimpleVehicle". I want to receive possibility to rewind my vehicle driving "back in time" with continue driving from any "time point" in some other way than I did in previous "attempt". To do this I think to save complete motion state (i.e. all matrices and velocities) of the vehicle body and all it's tires to the application memory with further loading these data back to Newton engine by pressing a key (so the real time in the Newton engine is going as in usual). For vehicle tires I found in \NewtonSDK\sdk\Newton.h functions named NewtonVehicleGetTire[Omega, NormalLoad, SteerAngle, LateralSpeed, LongitudinalSpeed, Matrix]() for saving these 5 scalars and 1 matrix (maybe matrix duplicates some scalars here). But for loading tires state to Newton engine there are only NewtonVehicleSetTire[Torque,SteerAngle]() functions. How can I load all 5 scalars to Newton engine? Will it be enough for set complete motion state of the tires?

Thanks,
Asmc
asmc

Re: How to set user-defined complete motion state of a vehicle?

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:32 pm

1.53 will no help you much on that regard.
2.0 is better prepare becaus teh car joint are opensource and you can step and save the state of all bodies.
for that you nee a litle more knowledge tha just using teh inteface, but it si something you can defenitele do in 2.0

Plus 2.0 is comming with a raycast car the beleive will be very realistic.
It is no the ordinary vehicle model based on the stade state tire models from vehicle dinamics book, rather the tire model emerge from the physical simulation.
It also very fast for the level of complexity, and abput 10 time faster than a car simulation in 1.53

if you lie to try send me a PM
Julio Jerez

Re: How to set user-defined complete motion state of a vehicle?

Postby TheoLogic » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 am

When will 2.0 be available?
TheoLogic - Portfolio.
Wiki - Personal wiki pages.
TheoLogic

Return to General Discussion