Robotic arm prototype with forward and inverse kinematics

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Robotic arm prototype with forward and inverse kinematics

Postby pHySiQuE » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Leadwerks can now simulate robotic arms and other mechanical moving features with a high degree of realism. Read more here.

pHySiQuE

Re: Robotic arm prototype with forward and inverse kinematic

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 pm

That cool,
after I complete the vehicle refactoring I will complete the other new feature for 3.14 and that will be the last thing before the final 3.14 realize.

The feature is the closed loop dynamics, basically this is the equivalent of inverse dynamics.
you can make and analogy lie this. A rigid body solver do forward dynamics but aside from mundane effect like a car, a ragdoll, of connected articulation for bodies. very soon you realize that forward dynamics is difficult to control. basically you end up manipulation each individual joint and each time you modify a joint the other changed.
adding joint friction trick help but soon you realize that it required too much tweaking.

to make an analogy if forward dynamics animation is to rigid body physics
as inverse kinematics animation is to inverse dynamics physics.

and as you know, inverse kinematic animation has been perfected for the pass 25 years so much that mot animators today do no even know that in the beginning IK, was an extra feature that people have to pay thousand of dollar ex (character studio for 3dmax) and the all *.

now I am introducing the inverse dynamics,

today almost not one use forward dynamics animation. which allow people to put together complex articulation like eh 6dof robot, and controller like real robot do when you just place the end effector
wher you want and the system does all the joint torque calculation for you.

This is not pie of the sky, the is already in the engine and there is demo DynamicRagdoll.cpp
that I commented out in order to work on some, optimization for 3.14.
the demo is too complex so I will make a simpler one like co robot manipulator.

maybe you can adopted and be on of the very few people who truly offer a unique feature that only really expensive system can offer and they do no really do using inverse Dynamics.
this can really blow every body away, until the figure it out.
But even if they do it is still hard to emulate with out a reliable rigid body solver.
Julio Jerez

Re: Robotic arm prototype with forward and inverse kinematic

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:27 pm

I found this site: http://wiki.ros.org
it seems to be and attend to a standard robot specifications.

I will check it out, if it no as cumbersome a the Collada nonsense, maybe we can add some robot demos.
My hope is that the have some robot demos lie the KUKA and othere that we can try out.
Julio Jerez

Return to User Gallery