Street Stalkers Project Using Newton

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Street Stalkers Project Using Newton

Postby Xpoint » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:30 am

Hello,
I and some other people are working on a game called Street Stalkers :)
It's going to be a online racing game, with a big city, using Newton for physics.
I'm going to post some nice thing here about our progress, so you guys can expect screenshots and maybe more here soon :D
I'm the only programmer there, so it's not going very quick :wink:
Xpoint

Postby walaber » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:50 pm

sounds interesting... what engine / programming language are you using for your graphics?
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Xpoint » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:58 pm

well, whe(or I)are not realy sure what to do... Using pure OpenGL is to difficult for me and for the first version, i can use a engine. Now i'm trying ogre (after i saw you're nice screens)and it's very good! :D
But there is also OpenSceneGraph, witch looks realy nice. But i can't get it compile when i try to create something... So i'm learning ogre now.
And C++, but i think you know that by now :wink:

btw, do you know if you can create matrials in ogre without making files for it? that's because i don't like that :P
Xpoint

Postby walaber » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:37 pm

yeah, you can create materials completely in code. have a look at the API reference on the homepage.
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Xpoint » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:18 am

Ogre total rulez :D
and if you want to help, try to post on our forum @ http://www.streetstalkers.net/
and walaber, when do you think you will release your newton wrapper for newton, looks very nice :)
Xpoint

Return to User Gallery