Future Pinball

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby walaber » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm

that is absolutely beautiful!! the physics look fantastic as well... just really, really impressive.

can't wait to try it out myself when you release that special Newton-forum-members-only special demo :P :wink:
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Van » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:29 pm

Excellent! Nice work!
Van

Postby Sascha Willems » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:45 am

Same here as the others : It's looking great and the ball physics also seems to be totally great! I also can't wait for a demo!

P.S. : Do you have any plans for doing a sourrounding? It seems so empty around the table, maybe a 360° panorama of some arcade hall textured onto a skybox should do the job.
Sascha Willems

Postby cleathley » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:29 am

Thanks all for your kind comments.. its been nearly a years work and it's finally looking good..

Actually we have a "game room" in modling at the moment (needs uv mapping) which has a bar (with stools), an up right arcade machine, a darts machine plus other ornaments.. (based on bits each of us actually owns)

I've basically stoped work on new component development and working on the boring stuff (pause screens, loading screen etc..). there are a few minor issues (which julio is looking at) but hopefully I can get something out soon.. Given that Future pinball is a FULL game construction kit there are a lot of things that need refining but we are 90% there.

even after the first release I still think there is a year's worth of development in it..
cleathley

Postby Sury » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:06 pm

That simply looks outstanding.Great job !
Sury

Postby MatAllum » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:23 am

I can hardly even say how much I like this video!

I hope I can be the first person to make Twilight Zone on this game. Man, that'll look AWESOME!

Here's just a suggestion, too. Maybe there should be an invisible trigger that can be placed on the table so that, when hit by the ball, it moves the camera to a certain part of the table - for instance, way at the back under the glass to show the ball going through a loop.
MatAllum

Postby cleathley » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:47 pm

updated the site for anybody who is interested. also has a video (downloads) showing it it action and newton doing it's job..
cleathley

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:37 pm

Just played the video, and I have to say wow, truly professional quality work.
Not only a game but also game tools kick in one package.
Nice work man.
Julio Jerez

Postby The unProfessional » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:34 pm

Yeah, the tools look awesome. Please let us know when it's available :)
The unProfessional

Postby Thomas » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:45 pm

wow! looks like it were real... :)
Thomas

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:32 pm

Agree the thing looks more like a video, than a video game.
Are you sure you are not pooling our legs here?
Julio Jerez

Postby cleathley » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:19 pm

considering you have the exe julio.. I'm sure you can answer that.. :)

hopefully when I can finish up the manual (which is half done) then i can release it.. I'm also waiting for the FBO extention to be supported by ATI (waiting.. waiting..)
cleathley

Postby buhrmi » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:18 pm

i cant wait either :)
Last edited by buhrmi on Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
buhrmi

Postby Sascha Willems » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:54 am

That video looks awesome and I can't wait to play this! The last pinball game I really enjoyed (or better said : I at least tried) was "Psycho Pinball" back on my Sega Mega Drive. Maybe some maniacs will start recreating some of the tables from that game.

P.S. : Since this is more of a toolkit for others to build pinball tables, will you start building up something like a community where users can share their stuff? Is something in that way planned?
Sascha Willems

Postby SnprBoB86 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:38 pm

I must say, this is simply incredible looking work.

I'm assuming you made the pinball machine in the video with your editor, which is definitely cool. Clearly, everyone on these forms like editors ;-)

I can't wait to try it out.

Some constructive criticism, if I may: eliminate the frames on your web site. The top navigation frame is HUGE and obstructs the view of the screenshots. Additionally, the use of frames makes it difficult for users to link to individual pages (if I wanted to show a friend a particular screenshot, I would have to right click and get its path manually. The average user doesnt know how to do that.)
SnprBoB86

PreviousNext

Return to User Gallery