Bek Engine to use Newton Game Dynamics

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Bek Engine to use Newton Game Dynamics

Postby unreal » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:40 am

Hello People!!!
This Physics Engine Is VERY COOL!
I am making a 3dengine. "BEK ENGINE".
And I finally choose the Newton Game Dynamics Physics Engine.
Soon I will have a Demo using Newton Game Dynamics!
A lot of thanks to the guys working on this Physics Engine!

www.bekengine.tk
or http://bekengine.periergoi.gr (direct url)
The site will be up soon!
unreal

Postby Cheery » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:03 am

How this BEK engine differs from others?
Can I ask?
My BSE36 engine has some capablities which tell me that it is BSE36, not ogre or some other thing.
BSE36's point is it's creative use of OOP in a good way. I have designed it for a series of graphics classes which suite my needs and have adapted into my world'.
Cheery

Postby unreal » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:32 pm

What you mean when you say "how this BEK Engine differs from others?"?
Its a 3D Engine and its name is "BEK ENGINE". I has some nice features.
PPL Parallax/bump mapping, shadow volumes, dynamic cubemaps, TGA,BMP,PCX,PNG,DDS,video texture support, LenFlare Effects, 3DS level support MD3, MD5 model support and other stuff. And will use Newton Game Dynamics for physics. :)
Thats it! :)
unreal

Postby Cheery » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:32 am

That was what I meant with special! :) Something which makes it special and unique!
Cheery

Postby unreal » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:33 pm

well... I dont think that has any really special feature.. I can not think a feature that an other game/engine does not have.. but its good for first try ;)
The only almost special feature that this engine has is that the games created with it is very modable. A lot of games/engines has this feature also I think... :'(
anyway... more info in a month at the site! :)
unreal

Postby Cheery » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:43 am

How much you have ready there? I haven't too much graphical effects in my engine but it contains unique mesh and texture format. what about fusing them together?
Cheery

Postby unreal » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:01 am

Cherry we will have a serious talk about this when i will finish. ;)

Now... I have a demo on the website

http://bekengine.periergoi.gr

This does not show all the features of the engine... well it show very few of them.
Shadow volumes, PPL and some physics. I uploaded only for testing compatibility. If you want check it out. Soon i will have a full version of the engine up.

thank you.
unreal

Postby walaber » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:46 pm

I could not run the demo, because my card doesn't support pixel shaders (according to your debug text file)...

it gave a general windows crash, perhaps a more "elegant" drop-out would be nice, like an error message or something... :D
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby unreal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:19 am

hehehe... yes dude! I know! At the final version it will have an error message with information. ;) oh.... by the way... what is your Video card?
unreal

Postby walaber » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:55 am

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Cheery » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:05 am

Heh. You made effects there. I haven't any effects in my engine, it only manages the exporting meshes and own special texture format.

There are some specialties in my texture format, for example, if you use your image series through gif file, my texture format gets the size of gif file. And if you use it through png or tga file straight, it goes smaller. JPG is *. If you put image to jpg and then my file format, it is bigger than in jpg file format. but though, jpg is shitty anyway, I like lossles file formats like png and tga, gif is less lossy than jpg so it is really useful.
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:04 am

AAAhh. You know how to do parallax mapping! It looks awesome! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Also you use SDL I use SDL too! I think it would be a great to work together!
Cheery

Postby unreal » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:49 pm

thanks man!!!
If someone test the bekenigne can he tell me his hardware specs and his drivers and windows version

thank you
unreal

Postby Cheery » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:38 pm

My computer has radeon 9600 XT inside, So it lag a little after I threw some balls in it, but I think You'll put different versions from effects anyway so it shouldn't harm anybody.
Cheery

Postby unreal » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:16 am

A little demo update. but not any difference at physics. Soon I will have a more physics specific demo.
thanks
unreal

Next

Return to User Gallery