Newton Demos for Delphi (with Source)

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby The unProfessional » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:52 pm

Which sources in the public domain do you generally use? I've had a difficult time finding quality textures without various attached licensing issues.
The unProfessional

Postby Sascha Willems » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:01 pm

The Wadfather is the ultimate source for your PD-texture wishes. They have plenty textures, all are in the public domain and most of them are of very good quality.

The only thing you normally have to do is to mention the maker of the textures somewhere in your credits / readme.
Sascha Willems

Postby The unProfessional » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 pm

Sascha Willems wrote:The only thing you normally have to do is to mention the maker of the textures somewhere in your credits / readme.

Naturally :)
The unProfessional

Postby Sascha Willems » Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:30 pm

I've just uploaded a third demo. This time it loads complex 3DS-Scenes and let's you navigate a ball through them. See the first post for more infos, screenshots and the download link.
Sascha Willems

Postby Sury » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:59 am

Awesome demos Sascha 8)

Keep up the good work!
Sury

Postby BYTE-Smasher » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:21 pm

I have a question: do you mind if I use those 3ds models to create a few small demos for the truevision3d community? I'm not a very good modeller myself, and that playground looks sooo fun!
BYTE-Smasher

Postby Sascha Willems » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:25 pm

No, as long as you mention that the models you use were made by me, you can use them in your demos.

P.S. : This is a shot of the demo to come next :

Everything is finished and I also created a kind of usefull looking car model. The only thing I'm now waiting for is the next SDK with vehicle support. The demo itself uses a 3DS-scene again (took me 4 days to build that, but making racetracks in 3DS MAX is really fun), uses an octree for optimizations and realtime shadow volumes for dynamic shadows.
Sascha Willems

Postby BYTE-Smasher » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:58 am

Cool... I'm more than willing to give credit where credit is due... nice screenie there btw...
BYTE-Smasher

Postby walaber » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:08 am

I finally got around to trying the 3rd demo - really nice!! I liked navigating the ball through all of the tubes / slides... it has the makings of a next-generation Marble Madness - style game :)

I'm looking forward to the vehicle demo too, once the patch comes out :D
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Previous

Return to User Gallery