newpy — Newton Game Dynamics for Python

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Re: newpy — Newton Game Dynamics for Python

Postby perkins » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 am

I managed to get it working from the latest svn, the makefile was simple enough to figure out. It compiles and I can link against it, but it doesn't seem to actually be working in 3.10 or in the latest version.
http://pastebin.com/gknWMPLU

I've tried a number of varients on this theme, forceAndTorqueCallback never gets called, transformCallback does with each update.
perkins

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:02 am

I am building in Ubuntu 12 now, I see few warning I will fix then all, but it will take more than one night. It should be fine by tomorrow
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:58 am

Ok I fix the make file for Linux32 and 64, the demos are launching and running, but as usual with AMD hardware, I do no see anything on the screen.
AMD is the latrine of Harware company, I do no thong I remember that last time I saw and AMD based hardware working the first time.

anyway the make file is checked in, now I am installing the Linux drive to see if this is the problem.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:06 pm

I also fix he make file for the Mac,
I have no idea why the Linux does no show teh screen, teh was fine with ubunto 10.4 but when I upgrade to ubuntu 12, I have nothong buy problems.
lot's stuff does not work with Ubuntu 12.

I can here the demo running and I cna navegate, but not visual.
The PC and Mac are fine.
Julio Jerez

Postby lperkins2 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 am

And I'm back again, this time with a CFFI binding that autogenerates on-the-fly by reading <Newton.h>.
It's a thin wrapper, I'll probably expand it to be properly Object Oriented since I'm planning to actually use it for a project. The github for it is here.

(I am the other same person who was working on it last year, but I lost my forum password, and don't remember what email address I used when I signed up).

Edit: It's now properly object oriented, using autogenerated classes based off the names of functions. Bodies, Joints, Collisions, Worlds, and Meshes are all supported, but I'm not sure how materials work. Everything in Newton.cpp refers to them by number, and only turns them into dgContactMaterial internally. I also still need to add generators for other classes.
lperkins2

Previous

Return to User Gallery