Bow down before your new master!

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby Vsk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 pm

bakura10 wrote:Phong can run in real time, and per pixel, of course :p. It runs on my very old card (9800 Pro), and with my new card (HD3870), it runs so much better. Phong lighting is not that expensive now. Some papers uses a sort of instant radiosity for approximate indirect lighting : a lot of secondary light sources are created for simulating indirect light sources. On a 8800 GTX, I've read a paper that was able to runs more than 150 point lights with full Phong per pixel lighting at about 30 fps.

Sorry, my sintantic confussion :P.

I confused phong with photon mapping.
Yes, I suc.k!.

But anyway, interesting your answer, I didn' know taht radiosity could be use in real time. I have worked with radiosity using ambien gatehring, shooting, etc, but alwasy used prereder. (Of course you can save the radiosity for tail and the use it, but you must do the prereder for geting them.) did you reffer to this? in that case, radiosity (as the algorithm per se), would it be anyway a pre procesor algorithg and not real time.
Vsk

Postby bakura10 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:57 pm

There is real time and "interactivity". Some methods like Instant Radiosity can now runs at interactive frame rates, but I'm pretty sure than in 2 years, there will be real time radiosity ! And reasearchers are really active on this field (it's really interesting). Take a look at Samuli Laine's work : http://www.tml.tkk.fi/~samuli/publicati ... _paper.pdf

About photon mapping, I don't know. I know there is an article in Shader X6 called Real time photon mapping, but I don't know neither the quality nor the framerate.
"Hay othas optimizationes that make collison faster and also un crash bug fixed in el fracture code." Spanglish, Julio Jerez
bakura10

Postby Leadwerks » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:18 pm

Bioshock style:
Leadwerks

Postby MiggyE » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:54 am

Geomerics Enlighten is a pretty impressive real-time radiosity solution. And yes it does run in real-time as they were demoing this at GDC.

http://www.geomerics.com/enlighten-media.htm
MiggyE

Postby bakura10 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm

I think that Lightsmark is much more impressive that Geomerics, and it is a full real time global illumination system too (it runs at more than 40 fps on my very old 9800 Pro with soft shadow, diffuse interreflection, glossy)... : http://lightsmark.com/ (you can download a demo)

I've just made a test with my new computer (Core 2 Duo E8200, Radeon 3870 HD, 2 Go Ram), it runs at 91 fps with complex scenes (and dynamics) in 1680*1050 and with antialiasing (it looks like), so it's clear that real time global illumination is really near :)
"Hay othas optimizationes that make collison faster and also un crash bug fixed in el fracture code." Spanglish, Julio Jerez
bakura10

Postby Leadwerks » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Leadwerks

Postby Vsk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Holy shi.t!!!. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Vsk

Previous

Return to User Gallery