Leadwerks Engine Released

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby bakura10 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:58 pm

I'm going to take a look :).
bakura10

Postby bakura10 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:01 pm

But it's just a program, no code :(...

.mesh is the fastest because it gets read straight into memory.

What do you mean by that ? You load all the file into memory first, and then extracts what you need ?
bakura10

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri May 18, 2007 4:41 pm

wow I love the buggy, I see you have very stiff suspensions nice :D :D .
Do I see some Halo inspiration there but with better physics. :D
Man your transparency sorting is really, impresive, I did nto see one single incorrect tranaprent popping, very nice. :D

do you make the models yuorselft of you buy them?
Julio Jerez

Postby Leadwerks » Fri May 18, 2007 6:08 pm

I have a guy that makes all the models and textures. The jeep was a free model I got off the net.

Thanks for the compliments.
Leadwerks

Postby Dave Gravel » Sat May 19, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi, The graphic is realy nice and i realy like your grass.
I have get a little problem with your culling system surely.
Exemple in the joint machine if i set the scene to wireframe when i back to the normal all parts normaly hide back the camera is not displayed anymore. The smoke over the machine is culled so quick when i'm close to it. The machine joint is not stable whit high speed, the machine make many little jump and here the wheels have coming totaly on the bad axis. The other little problem i have get is whit the advanced vehicle, in general it working good but when i try to go faster and when i turning the vehicle reacting strange like a boat on a river.
I think this problem is related to the inertia and friction. I have get a other strange result with the vehicle i have pass in a box and the box have never move and the vehicle have continue normaly too, when i have turn back and pass in the same box it have start to collide normaly no idea why.

Other stuff looking nice, and i very like the graphic and i have good fps on my old computer. Surely you know already about the problem i talking upper if no i'm happy if it can help you.
PS: I don't know why but the demo joint machine show a message randomly, thanks to have try..........

Edited: Sorry about the wireframe and culling problem, i'm wrong it hapening when i pressing F, it is surely something implemented from you.
I have surely press F by error and i have think it coming after have set the wireframe sorry again.

Here a quick video with the machine problem, with fraps enabled in background the fps is a lot more slow but the problem happening faster with high fps when fraps is close.
http://www.dave.serveusers.com/SansTitre01.wmv
I don't have make video with the other vehicle problem because with fraps the fps coming slow and it is more hard to reproduce the problem.
Dave Gravel

Postby Leadwerks » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:08 pm

I uploaded the engine SDK version 1.11, for registered users only:
-Added player controller
-Added sound commands
-Fixed some lighting bugs
-Improved physics

Here are some demos showing some of the features. Check out the player controller example, it's got some pretty cool physics to play with:
http://www.leadwerks.com/ccount/click.php?id=45

You can program in BlitzMax or in the engine's own scripting language. A script editor and compiler is included, so you don't have to have an external programming language.

Leadwerks

Postby Leadwerks » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:14 am

Purely a graphical update, but we are looking forward to trying out the new Newton when it is available:

Leadwerks

Postby Dave Gravel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:42 am

Nice render, good work.
Looking really clean.
Dave Gravel

Previous

Return to User Gallery