Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby CyKo74 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:04 am

Its IgroMania (game-mania in english) http://www.igromania.ru
CyKo74

Postby Yezide » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:43 am

tomek:
Nope, not on my list :)

Thanks for the other names as well. None of them where on the list.

And PC Gamer...ooooo :) THat I gotta have a scan of, or perhaps I can buy the mag myself (usually UK mags can be bought in sweden). What issue was it?
Yezide

Postby Stucuk » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:32 am

PCG(UK) 166 P106

Note: Its in the original scanned size, but with JPG on Quality 90%. So the images look a bit screwed, but the text is easily readable.
Stucuk

Postby Yezide » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:10 am

Thanks a lot! :D
Yezide

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:06 am

Stucuk wrote:PCG(UK) 166 P106

Wooow it is I or the title of that article rimes with some other famous game, there are calling it “Extra life”, and they even add a yellow icon that look, verey very familiar.
I think those magazine reviewer and or editor are going to get some Powerrrrrrfull phone call from some people in regard of those provocative statements.

I think this is the first time they mention US in the article, so that is a first for us too.
Is the Magazine distributed I US? I would like to have a copy.

I think the next step is to make the sequel that the review say this game is so cool that the powerful main stream (the HL the unreal and the quake are almost as good) Oh wait a minute they did say that, did they say the some game may have rip up (did I said rip up I mean get inspiration) from the user interface?
Julio Jerez

Postby Stardude » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:47 am

Julio Jerez wrote:
Stucuk wrote:PCG(UK) 166 P106

Wooow it is I or the title of that article rimes with some other famous game, there are calling it “Extra life”, and they even add a yellow icon that look, verey very familiar.
I think those magazine reviewer and or editor are going to get some Powerrrrrrfull phone call from some people in regard of those provocative statements.

I believe that particular magazine's column on free games is simply called "Extra Life", the only intentional reference there is to 'oldskool' arcade style games in which you could gain an 'extra life'. That does not reduce Penumbra's deserved success in any way, however, and the provocative statements still stand.

Congrats Newton for a print magazine mentioning, soon the big guys will tremble with fear :)
Stardude

Postby MiggyE » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:44 pm

More PR for Penumbra. Nice new screens. Man, this game is really blowing up!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/penumbra/index.html
MiggyE
MiggyE

Postby Yezide » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:17 am

Just wanted to information that Penumbra: Overture has gotten a publisher and put up a dedicated website.

www.penumbra-overture.com/
Yezide

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:35 pm

Wow I am very happy for you. :D
Congratulations I was sure this was going to happen, what you did is too good to pass out inadvertly. :o I did not think it was going to be so soon.

I am happy because in my mind Newton fulfilled its goal again.
Newton was created to give people like yourself the change to realize their idea without you having to be a physics source code pseudo expert. Of course not every body achieve that goal, but at least they have the opportunity.

I must said that now that you are supported financially the stakes are much higher people are looking at your work, you are going the get solicitation from individuals, commercial physics companies, your publisher, etc asking you to switch to a commercial engine.
In many case over 70% this is not because of quality more a marketing selling point.

Business and money changes everything, it puts lot of pressure on things that at first were simple, it also makes you loose control over what you really want to do.

Please do not hesitate to make that transition without any regrets, Newton is just a library.
We are very grateful already for what you’d done and I perfectly undertand these things.
Real business and life gets in the way and if you want so succeed you have to play along with the people with the money.
Like they said in the movies it is not personal it is business.
Julio Jerez

Postby Yezide » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:23 pm

Julio:
Just wanna add that we are not getting any fincial support from our publisher so we are still 100% indie and plan on keeping it that way :) That means Newton will keep being an integral part of our engine and this is somehting I see no reason to change.

Newton is an awesome tool and without it Penumbra would probably not have been possibly :) So I am realyl grateful for all the time and effort you put into it.
Yezide

Postby Dave Gravel » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:59 am

Dave Gravel

Postby Sury » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:06 pm

Today i saw the Penumbra demo on a bulgarian PC Mania magazine. http://www.pcmania.bg/article.php?sid=7357
I was sort of surprised to see it among the 'big names' demos :)
Sury

Postby Yezide » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:43 pm

A little tech video we just released. Sorry for my strange accent :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15390&type=mov&pl=game
Yezide

Postby Sascha Willems » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:16 pm

Awesome video guys! I'll bet that teh release of Penumbra will go like a wave through the first-person genre, as after that no one will risk to release game without realistic physics anymore. I can already see how your game will change game physics from being "just" an add-in (like in Doom3) to being an integral feature of that genre!
Sascha Willems

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Absolutely extraordinary. :D :D I have to tip my hat to you man.
I love the finesse of the control system. I do not think I have ever seen any game with that kind of precision on physics control; it is almost like the physics is animation in real-time.
Now the only think need is volume on physics objects, in that area in where we are trying to do our best with the next version. 8) 8)
Julio Jerez

PreviousNext

Return to User Gallery