Project Mystery [Final Beta 2, Update 1]

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Do you think the car physics are better in this release than in previous?

Yes
19%
Yes
19%
No
4%
No
4%
Don't know
27%
Don't know
27%

Total votes : 26

Postby Sury » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Thanks for the replies. And no, it's done using the car joint...

Yea, i renamed trashcan.3ds to wheel.3ds and examined tire rotations more clearly. It doesn't look like a ray approximation.

EDIT : thanks for sharing the settings.
Sury

Postby Oziriz » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:25 pm

You're welcome, hope it helps you. Anyone need any other settings, feel free to ask!

EDIT:
I'm off for the night, so any questions asked won't be answered until tomorrow. (In 10h or so)
Oziriz

Postby CodyPChristian » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:30 am

Yeah the physics rock... Im also learning how todo it too. But we hope they will be even better for our next beta. :D Any comments on this low poly city? The next city will be 100X better then this one was. :D I gotta start planing the new city soon.... cya
Thanks, CodyPChristian
CodyPChristian

Future Distros

Postby Dimidium Mortuus » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:07 pm

I have found that this package is considerably smaller if it is 7-Zip'ed instead of Rar. In fact, the difference was 8110KB versus 3746KB. :shock:

My settings were:

Compression Level:Ultra
Method:LZMA
32MB Dictionary
255 Word Size
Solid Archive

It's at www.7-ZIP.org
I used version 4.23

This is not a commercial for 7-ZIP, I am trying to say that everyone who makes a program like this can benifit from smaller packages.
Half Dead
Dimidium Mortuus

Postby Oziriz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:09 pm

Only problem is that not too many people have 7-Zip, RAR is easier because more people use it... I guess we could still upload a 7-Zip version too, since it's smaller so people on 56k and other slower connections, who already have 7-Zip could benefit from it, or then I could create a self-extracting zip ofcourse.

Thanks for the idea! :)

EDIT:
Cody just notified me that WinRAR and WinZip can both open 7-Zip files, and he had already uploaded one.
Oziriz

Postby Oziriz » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:18 pm

I have some news, my mapper 'quit' today because he didn't know this game would be so unpro graphically he said. He wanted to make photorealistic models and I hope he can find some project to work for where he can, while I continue the project myself. The mapper position is open for people good with very lowpoly cities, even better if you don't care if people mod your stuff. :) You can reply here or PM me if you prefer modeling over programming and want to join the project. Until then, I'll just be making the maps myself.

EDIT: Mapper back.
Oziriz

Postby Oziriz » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:33 pm

Update released, check first post! :P Same keys as last time, except space is now brake too! Oh, and something I totally forgot saying there's a first person camera now too, just use the F1 key to change views... And the gears are messed up. :D
Oziriz

Postby Dimidium Mortuus » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:14 pm

The new one kicks ass man :D One thing tho, if you use the space bar while going in reverse, it changes W to reverse afterwards :? Otherwise its great.
Half Dead
Dimidium Mortuus

Postby Oziriz » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:21 pm

:P Yeah, like I said, the gears are a bit messed up. Especially the reversing, if you keep reversing for a short while, it'll keep reversing for a while...
Oziriz

Postby Dimidium Mortuus » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:16 pm

Has anyone else played the new version? Am I the only one? :?: If, so then why no comments? :?
Half Dead
Dimidium Mortuus

Postby walaber » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:25 pm

the new one is nice! a bit dark, working dynamic headlights would be cool though!

I like the dynamic objects! the fence is really cool. 8)
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby Oziriz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:02 pm

Thanks, and it's dark because it's in the night! And the dynamic headlights is a thing I've been considering making, but it'll be too much if every car has one when I put AI cars into the city. :) I'm considering doing it like they did it in San Andreas and Vice City. And Dimidium, I guess they get so hooked playing the game they forget posting... ;)

EDIT:
The one who answered no on the poll, can I get some feedback?
Oziriz

Postby Oziriz » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:11 pm

I'm gonna release a new Beta 2 soon, with a bigger map... I'm making the map myself, until I can find a mapper atleast, so it's taking some time getting the stuff ready. I'm also gonna try and fix some other things, and rewrite/fill up the Readme.txt file with more information on modding.

Oh, and happy New Year everyone! :D
Oziriz

Postby Oziriz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:55 pm

Well, finally final beta 2 is here... It's got 2 "missions" for now, just to have some sort of game play. To change missions you have to edit the "mission 0;" line in config.cfg, and post your best times! Especially if you beat the hard time (1:50), because I haven't beaten it yet. :P Can't be bothered writing more, just check it out at:

http://rapidshare.de/files/12262622/Mys ... l.exe.html (3289 kB, Hope everyone can use RapidShare :?)

Oh yeah, one more thing, the readme's got a tutorial on how to mod the game, read it and if you make some nice map mods or new stuff for the map, lemme know and I might add it to the game permanently. Enjoy! :D
Last edited by Oziriz on Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oziriz

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:42 pm

Wow it feels very nice. I am going to tell you sa secrect.
You can make the car much better than I can be made it. I do not know how you do it but to me it is very nice.
Julio Jerez

PreviousNext

Return to User Gallery