Simple Puzzle Game

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

Postby Sascha Willems » Wed May 25, 2005 4:55 am

Very well don Walaber! (As usual ;) ) Just played it for about 10 mins (don't have more time on my hand) and it ran smooth and played very well. The only thing is that you again forgot to include the DirectX-DLL so I had to copy it over from the Beta2.

So I wish you the best for that contest, and keep us informed on your placing!
Sascha Willems

Postby Julio Jerez » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:52 am

Wow I almost miss this, when I downloaded first it did not play because I did not have d3dx9x_25 and I forgot, but after your last post I remembered. Very very cool, I like this game a lot. Simple and inginies.
Julio Jerez

Postby Zacpod » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:25 pm

Aye, outside of downloading the DLLs, it worked flawlessly. Very smooth. Took a min before I realized I could shoot balls out of the way! Great use of NDG in an unexpected way. No bugs that I saw. Played till I had 200,000. My only suggestion is that the game is a little too easy.
I think, as an earlier poster suggested, that having notches in the walls to force the balls to stack in a stable way would do the trick.
Nice game, overall. I hope you win!
I can never think of anything clever to put down here.
Zacpod

Postby walaber » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:18 am

thanks! sorry about the DLL issue there. after the compo is over I'll put it up on my homepage, updated with the proper dlls!

I'm not really concerned with the compo results, it was a fun coding excersize!
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby walaber » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:08 am

bah, forget waiting for the compo to end. an updater version with the proper dlls included is now up on my homepage.

http://walaber.com/connect_more/ConnectMore_v1_01.zip

full source code is also included.
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Previous

Return to User Gallery