OgreNewt 2nd release

Share with us how are you using the powerrrr of the force

Moderator: Alain

OgreNewt 2nd release

Postby walaber » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:46 pm

this is the 2nd release of my library for friendship between Ogre and Newton :P

for those that don't know, Ogre has recently released the Release Candidate for version 1.0, which is a big step for what was already a very stable, powerful rendering engine.

as for my library:

several updates have been made, the most interesting being the inclusion of joints and material classes, and a 2nd demo showing joints. remember you can press the spacebar to shoot spheres in both demos.

should compile properly if you have Ogre 1.0 RC1 on your system, and set up the directory structure like it says in the readme.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby cleathley » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:38 am

any chance of some executables for those of us who don't use orge but still want to have a look ??

Cheers
cleathley

Postby walaber » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:31 am

really nothing worth putting up... just the standard cubes falling on a terrain...

however I'll be sure to put up a demo of my current vehicle project, which I'm developing using OgreNewt :P
Independent game developer of (mostly) physics-based games. Creator of "JellyCar" and lead designer of "Where's My Water?"
walaber

Postby walaber » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:48 pm

update

I mentioned this in another thread, so I won't repeat myself here. anyway there was a major bug that took all day to track down, that is fixed now. OgreNewt is now much stabler, and is working properly. I've updated the download link with a new version, which also inlucdes a new general debug viewer class as well. it's implemented into the demos, press F3 to see the debug info.
walaber

Return to User Gallery