I'm working quite a long time on a Game-Engine, called the NOWA-Engine (NativeObjectWorldArchitecture-Engine). I waited a long time to post this here, because I always thought, that I did not made enough progress to post something. But as I do this as hobby with restricted time, I think I will never finish. So why not post the current progress.
I was really happy back then, when I found out about newton and OgreNewt. Thanks for providing such a great physics-engine.
Really cool would be the creation of OgreNewt 3.0 to use newton 3.0.
I looked a little bit at the Newton 3.0 source code, but its really different from 2.0. I unfortunately do not have time and not enough experience, to build a wrapper for newton 3.0.
Contained components of the NOWA-Engine:
- Graphics-Engine: Ogre-Engine 1.9
- Physics-Engine: OgreNewt 2.0 (Port of Physics-Engine: “Newton Game Dynamics”)
- Audio: OgreAL (Port of 3D-Audio library OpenAL)
- Network: RakNet
- Particle-Effects: Particle Universe
- Ogre Realtime Shader: RT Shader System
- Ogre Terrain: Ogre Terrain System
- Sky/Weather simulation: Caelum
- Water simulation: Hydrax
- Scripting: Lua
- Pathfinding Recast navigation: OgreRecast
- Paged Geometry Instancing: PagedGeometry
- Wii-Controller input system: WiiUse
- Split meshes: MeshSplitter
- GUI: MyGui
I use Ogitor intensively to create the virtual environments.
My dream is to create a complex MetroidVania game, with inventory, shop system, a lot of game mechanics. I made some tests and created 2,5D Jump 'n' Run demo:
Some other tests:
See my homepage (www.lukas-kalinowski.com) for detailed information about the engine.
I still do not know where It goes with the engine, maybe I will release the source code on github.
If somebody wants to know about some implementation details, or techniques, please ask.