Assert When using joints

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Assert When using joints

Postby MeltingPlastic » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

HI Julio - sometimes I get an Assert when I use the kinematics joint to move a ball and socket joint to one of its cone limits. the assert I get is in

Code: Select all
dgskeletonContainer.cpp line 1005: dgAssert (rhs->m_force <= rhs->m_upperBoundFrictionCoefficent * dgFloat32 (2.0f));
MeltingPlastic

Re: Assert When using joints

Postby MeltingPlastic » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am

Perhaps unrelated to the above but I am also getting an assert when setting up a simple ball and socket on its own.

In the demo below I spawn 2 small boxes of with the both pivot frames set to the center of each box So I expect the boxes to converge into each other with their frames matching position. They are initially spawned away from each other. However I get an assert. Interestingly If the boxes are larger I do not get the assert quite as often.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OeVtnsCsfQUrABfiH939cPHS_-6nUeB1

Edit: I think this is actually do to my urho code converting Matrix3x4 into Matrix4x4 and then passing to newton.

Double Edit: Ok yes - this particular assert was my mistake - I had scale sneeking into my matrix calculations..
MeltingPlastic

Re: Assert When using joints

Postby MeltingPlastic » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Ok I am still getting the assert from the 1st post in this thread. Im not sure if its really due to the kinematics joint or not.

you can play in the demo - and after rotating the cubes a bit - the assert is thrown. Im not sure what I could be doing wrong in this case:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cCzdcORuVnanhKgQ0DUSBGxAAtNj-KHF
MeltingPlastic

Return to Bugs and Fixes