CMake has wrong path to timetracker

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

CMake has wrong path to timetracker

Postby Slick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:35 am

For example line 30 of cmakelists.txt shows:

Code: Select all
target_include_directories(NewtonObj PRIVATE dgTimeTracker/)

It looks like this is no longer valid and should be:

Code: Select all
target_include_directories(NewtonObj PRIVATE dProfiler/dTimeTracker/)

There are probably other places that need fixing too.
Slick

Re: CMake has wrong path to timetracker

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:22 pm

I hack the cmake script to not search openAL and Vulcan, and is manage to build a solution,

it still doe no work because ther are three errors
1- >cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option '/arch:sse3'

2->C:\Users\jjerez\Documents\GitHub\newton-dynamics\applications\demosSandbox\sdkDemos\toolBox\toolbox_stdafx.h(71): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'glfw3.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file C:\Users\jjerez\Documents\GitHub\newton-dynamics\applications\demosSandbox\sdkDemos\DemoCameraManager.cpp)

3->>c:\users\jjerez\documents\github\newton-dynamics\sdk\dgcore\dgTypes.h(189): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dTimeTracker.h': No such file or directory

those are easy to fix, I will try to find where the path and option are set tonight.

as for not make project for dgCore and the other libraries,
I think the are internal libraries, only the Newton is important the add the file.
probably not a the best idea because then it can no use precompile headers but that's how was made
Julio Jerez

Postby Slick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Yep I ignored the sse3 warnings.

I think my comment on timetracker is correct. The name had changed. The cmakelist needs to be updated.

The glfw3.h I got to go away by not using the samples I think. It would be good if you could group options in CMake so it was obvious to the user that the samples would require gflw etc
Slick

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 am

this should be all fixed for windows now. I re wrote all the cmakeList.txt
I only tested them on window with visual studio, when I try other types of makefile CMake ask me to specify some toolchain stuff that I do not know what is, but that if I ignore it says the build will not work.

It would be cool of some one with experience on Linux revisit it and made sure they generates the correct makefiles.

there are some unique things I do for windows like coping the asset to teh working directory, but thsi should be eassy to do for other OS.
Julio Jerez

Return to Bugs and Fixes