[solved] Cannot Build under Linux 64-Bit

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

[solved] Cannot Build under Linux 64-Bit

Postby Corpsman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello all
i switched my linux Mint from 32-Bit to 64-Bit by a complete new installation.
So i needed a new version of libnewton.so

i did what i was told to do from here: http://newton-dynamics.readthedocs.io/e ... ation.html

unfortunately the compile step did not run through, can anybody help me ?

here are the last view lines of the compile output:

[ 47%] Building CXX object sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/dgPhysics/dgDynamicBody.cpp.o
[ 47%] Building CXX object sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp.o
/sda5/sda5/Temp/newton-dynamics/sdk/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp: In member function ‘dgInt32 dgCollisionConvexPolygon::CalculateContactToConvexHullContinue(const dgWorld*, const dgCollisionInstance*, dgCollisionParamProxy&)’:
/sda5/sda5/Temp/newton-dynamics/sdk/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp:622:30: error: ‘class dgVector’ has no member named ‘Trace’
proxy.m_closestPointBody0.Trace("p0");
^
/sda5/sda5/Temp/newton-dynamics/sdk/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp:623:30: error: ‘class dgVector’ has no member named ‘Trace’
proxy.m_closestPointBody1.Trace("p1");
^
sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/build.make:1430: recipe for target 'sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:248: recipe for target 'sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [sdk/CMakeFiles/NewtonObj.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

and my operating system is :

corpsman@corpsman /sda5/sda5/Temp/newton-dynamics/build $ uname -a
Linux corpsman 4.8.0-53-generic #56~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue May 16 01:18:56 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

as far as i only need a linux64 bit binary which i can link to my application it would be also enough to have such one (i link the library to free pascal code) in the 32-Bit version this had been ver 2.33.

corpsman
Last edited by Corpsman on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
You want to Know more about me and my projects visit http://www.Corpsman.de
I use Newton in Balanced2
Corpsman

Re: Cannot Build under Linux 64-Bit

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh I see there was a debug function Trace that should resolve to nothing in release.

/sda5/sda5/Temp/newton-dynamics/sdk/dgPhysics/dgCollisionConvexPolygon.cpp:622:30: error: ‘class dgVector’ has no member named ‘Trace’

fixed, please sync again.
Julio Jerez

Re: Cannot Build under Linux 64-Bit

Postby Corpsman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 am

Hello Julio,

thank you for your help, now it compiled and my compiler could successfully get the libraries version

my codebase is written for newton 2.33 and the new version is 3.14, there where a lot of changes i see.

is there a wiki that gives a few hints, how to lift my implementation to the new 3.14 version ?
--
You want to Know more about me and my projects visit http://www.Corpsman.de
I use Newton in Balanced2
Corpsman

Return to Bugs and Fixes