NewtonTreeCollisionEndBuild optimization fail

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

NewtonTreeCollisionEndBuild optimization fail

Postby collerblade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:38 pm

hi,
I made a video about NewtonTreeCollisionEndBuild optimalization. It is currently not working for some situations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5ADw37iKY. The tree collision works fine but slower without optimalization.
The mesh in a video is a simple terrain with many flat pieces in the middle. So they are gona be replaced by bigger faces, with the optimalization. This has some issue, becouse these flat triangles made a hole in my terrain. If is move 1 vertices up or down the optimization is gone and the mesh works again.
Plz fix this
collerblade

Re: NewtonTreeCollisionEndBuild optimization fail

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:12 pm

can you display the collision mesh? This cases are hard to detect, can I have a demo that I can try?
I can be a compiled one that link to the DLL.
Julio Jerez

Postby collerblade » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:29 am

I exidently removed the mesh from the scene, but i was able to reproduce it easily.
I did a package for u (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzkVoO ... sp=sharing). I hope u have a 64bit linux mashine (compiled on ubuntu gnome)..
There is a newton.so, so u can hook up your debug dll (so). No windows version sry..
Also i reduced the scene a bit. There is only a car on a cube, and the "land". If u press forward the car comes off the cube to the land, and falls trough on it.... but i should not. Turing the optimalization off will produce correct behaviour.
collerblade

Postby collerblade » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:42 am

Any progress on this?
Is it helping if i pass the debug newton calls?
collerblade

Postby collerblade » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:33 am

hallo,
is any progress on this? My bodies still falling through the ground.. its very anoying. I have to turn off optimilzation.
Im going to do a video for u. Or give u vertex information.
collerblade

Postby collerblade » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:15 am

Here it is: https://youtu.be/R2_gO4HY9lI
At first i show, that a simple subdivided plan works without any problem. But if i rise some vertices at the side, the middle of the mesh disappears (in phisics). If i turn optimalization off, or i change the middle vertices, the collision tree works as is expected.
This time is saved the mesh for u. Do u want it?
collerblade

Return to Bugs and Fixes