Access violation CalculateForcesGameMode

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Re: Access violation CalculateForcesGameMode

Postby arkeon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Yes at least a change state could be detected to know if the mass matrix update have to be made.
Since in that example it was call several times without any scale change.

Edit : did you check the ragdoll demo with exact solver ?
arkeon

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:19 pm

arkeon wrote:Edit : did you check the ragdoll demo with exact solver ?

not I did not, are you using the exact solver for this.

The exact solve will not work very well with screen manipulations. I am leaving the exact solve for people at Universities that know more what they want do regard to realistic simulations.

In general at RagDoll or picking object from the screen like we do in video games and demos is not anything that fall in the real of realism.

if you take a human being or an articulated object like a car and you drag by a limb or a door with the find of forces that we apply to those objects with the mouse, you simple rip-off the limb or the body part.
there are not material that can withstand those forces, but the exact solver will try to make then because does not know better. The exact solver is not for that kind of things.

I spend lot of time in the pass trying to relax it so that I behave well on that until a realized that that was a mistake. The bottom like is that if you apply a huge forces you will get a Huge reaction forces, but after that the object receiving the huge forces will acquired large momentum and that is what you are seeing.

The mouse pick forces is a lot stronger now than it used to be, I may lower it down a lithe, but I will not make changes to the solver for that .
Julio Jerez

Postby arkeon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Ok I understand, this was just a strange behavior I saw in the demo.

Any thanks alot again this time I think that all must be ok :)
arkeon

Previous

Return to Bugs and Fixes