Ubuntu compile issue svn revision 406

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Ubuntu compile issue svn revision 406

Postby martin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi,
i have some trouble to compile newton game dynamics on Ubuntu 10.10.
First I go to coreLibrary_200/projects/linux64 and try make with the following output
Code: Select all
../../source/core/dgTypes.cpp:508: error: ‘_ASSERT’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [../../source/core/dgTypes.o] Fehler 1

This issue is quickly fix by rename _ASSERT with _ASSERTE

But then I try to compile the demos (applications/newtonDemos/projects/linux64/) with the following output
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/src/newton/newton-dynamics/packages/projects/linux64/dCustomJoints'
make -C ../../../../packages/projects/linux64/dContainers
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/usr/src/newton/newton-dynamics/packages/projects/linux64/dContainers'
gcc -c -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -D_LINUX_VER  -Os2 -msse -g -msse2 -ffloat-store -ffast-math -freciprocal-math -funsafe-math-optimizations -fsingle-precision-constant -I../../../dContainers  -o ../../../dContainers/dTree.o ../../../dContainers/dTree.cpp   
cc1plus: error: invalid option argument ‘-Os2’
make[1]: *** [../../../dContainers/dTree.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/src/newton/newton-dynamics/packages/projects/linux64/dContainers'

This is also fix with
vim packages/projects/linux64/dContainers/makefile

Line 48 and change -Os2 into -Os

after that i try a next make with the following output

make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/usr/src/newton/newton-dynamics/packages/projects/linux64/dContainers'
gcc ../../sdkDemos/DemoMesh.o ../../sdkDemos/DemoCamera.o ../../sdkDemos/DemoEntity.o ../../sdkDemos/NewtonDemos.o ../../sdkDemos/PhysicsUtils.o ../../sdkDemos/DemoEntityManager.o ../../sdkDemos/DemoDialogHelpers.o ../../sdkDemos/moc_NewtonDemos.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/BasicFriction.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/BasicSphereSpin.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/BasicStacking.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/ClosestDistance.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/MeshCollision.o ../../sdkDemos/demos/SceneCollision.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/DebugDisplay.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/dHeightResolutionTimer.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/dRuntimeProfiler.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/dSimulationThread.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/OpenGlUtil.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/SkyBox.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/TargaToOpenGl.o ../../sdkDemos/toolBox/toolbox_stdafx.o ../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a ../../../../packages/linux64/libdMath.a ../../../../packages/linux64/libdScene.a ../../../../packages/linux64/libTinyXML.a ../../../../packages/linux64/libdContainers.a ../../../../packages/linux64/libdJointLibrary.a  -L/usr/lib -lGL -lGLU -lGLEW -lpthread -lQtCore -lQtGui -lQtOpenGL  -o NewtonDemos.elf   
../../sdkDemos/NewtonDemos.o:(.data+0xa0): undefined reference to `SimpleConvexShatter(DemoEntityManager*)'
../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a(dgMeshEffect.o): In function `dgMeshEffect::DestroySolidTree(dgMeshEffectSolidTree*)':
(.text+0xc4a): undefined reference to `dgMeshEffectSolidTree::~dgMeshEffectSolidTree()'
../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a(dgMeshEffect.o): In function `dgMeshEffect::CreateSolidTree() const':
(.text+0x38d8): undefined reference to `dgMeshEffectSolidTree::AddFace(dgMeshEffect const&, dgEdge*)'
../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a(dgMeshEffect.o): In function `dgMeshEffect::CreateSolidTree() const':
(.text+0x39c4): undefined reference to `dgMeshEffectSolidTree::dgMeshEffectSolidTree(dgMeshEffect const&, dgEdge*)'
../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a(dgMeshEffect.o): In function `dgMeshEffect::ClipMesh(dgMeshEffect const*, dgMeshEffect**, dgMeshEffect**) const':
(.text+0x8816): undefined reference to `dgMeshEffectSolidTree::~dgMeshEffectSolidTree()'
../../../../packages/linux64/libNewton.a(dgMeshEffect2.o): In function `dgMeshEffect::CreateVoronoiPartitionLow(int, int, float const*, int, dgMatrix&) const':
(.text+0x22fc): undefined reference to `dgMeshEffectSolidTree::~dgMeshEffectSolidTree()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [NewtonDemos] Fehler 1

Here I need help. I don't know how to fix this.

Any help?

Greetings
Martin
martin

Re: Ubuntu compile issue svn revision 406

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Yes that you will get these errors. Get version 321 from SVN.

Basically I am using SVN as my as an on line storage, and each time I get to some point I check it is, that way I can work from different locations.
Julio Jerez

Return to Bugs and Fixes