Dependency from pthread_join$UNIX2003 is not good idea.

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Re: Dependency from pthread_join$UNIX2003 is not good idea.

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:54 pm

I got os10.6 and I upgraded to xcode 3.2, but xcode 3.2 does not work at all,
it does not import projects from xcode 3.1 at all, I get these errors
GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file Newton.cpp)

Internal error occurred while creating dependency graph: ASSERTION FAILURE in /SourceCache/DevToolsBase/DevToolsBase-1763/pbxcore/Target.subproj/PBXTargetBuildContext.m:2073

I hate os10.6, this is the worse os mac had released yet.
os10.5 the mouse click were ok, in 10.6 they fail, and they want to do things that I do not want to do.
Drag and drop is terrible now in 10.6

I do not know what it is with Mac that since OS10.4 each new version is worse than the previus, and they are doing the same with xcode.
it is two days and I can not get anything to work at all.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Try to set Base SDK to Mac OS X 10.6 and deployment target to 10.4. That should do the trick.
"God started from scratch too"
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:03 pm

I did that and It gives me the same errors.
I do not think xcode3.2 can work with project made with xcode 3.1, it wa steh same * when I upgrate from xcode 2.5
I removed xcode 3.2.5, and I am trying to go back to 3.1
but I do not find it anywhere in Mac dev center how to get any older version of xcode.

People bitch about Microsoft, but what Mac does to they developer has nor comparison, I despice then for being so greaddy and self selving.
Mac is the worse, and I do not know why people tolerate that, OS 10.6 * big time.

I am not goin to build xcode project again, those bastands did thr same when the move form xcode 2.5 to 3.0 and I have to spend
Xcode 3.1 did not worl with OS10.4 and you have to buy an New computer and with new OS.
plus is took me day recreate the project in 3.0 because they do not recover old 2.5 project.

If can not recover the project for 3.1 I will say Bye Bye to Mac support.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

I did have such problems yet. Older Xcode is somewhere there available, I managed to download and install it on Mac 10.4 PPC not so long ago. Try to browse downloads. Search is mostly useless, you need to look for it page, by page. All files are ordered in chronological order.

New Xcode on "old" mac will not work. I do not know why they're doing this. Probably, because in that way upgrades are more effective, but true reason is very likely to be money.

To complain a bit more about this company. They deny the ability to downgrade OS on their devices. Even for developers whom need such feature for testing purposes.
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Well I unintall xcode 3.2.5 and reintall it again.
but no matter what I do it lawya say the GCC 4.2 is no compatble with os 10.4

I set The Deploy OS and the Base SDK to 10.6 and it do not work.

I see if I can find xcode 3.1 but so far I do no find it in thier site,
Please if you find it let post teh link because look for hour and all link take you to 3.2

In the old day I remember they use to keep older downloads, bu now I do no see how to even search.

I guess they are making lot of money now and they do not really care about providing service and they are screwing every one.
This is very despible action from Apple, and I make my thing dropping support altogether.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Well I give up, I do not find xcode 3.1.
As of now Mac development is dropped, I am not going to keep beating myself for something that is not worth.

what make me really mad is that the service they provide is not free.
I pay Apple $100.00 a year just for the the privilage to log to the mac dev center, and another $100.00 for the iphone SDK
and I do not see what I am getting in return for that, why I do not see anyone complaining about that exploitation?
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I think I found a site that still have the DVD image for xcode 3.1.4 and even some older versions going back to xcode 1.3
the site is: connect.apple.com

I am downloading 3.1.4 wich is the oen I had before upgrading to 3.2.5, let us see what happens and see if what happens.

I do no know if thsi has the Iphone SDK, I hope it does
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Julio, what Mac OS version do you have? On 10.4 you cannot use newest Xcode, that's right. Apple decision.
If you have 10.6 and newest Xcode you can build applications for 10.4 by specifying proper deployment target.
I think this is the Apple policy. Always use newer version of software for development, but that not block you from supporting older OS versions.
We were pissed of as well as you're now.

If you're really going to publish sources of Newton I will think someone will provide proper Xcode files.

Edit:
Yeap, that's that site.
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm

well I downloaded xcode 3.1.4 but I do not believe it is completed.
It does build the universal binaries for Intel and Power PC, but it does no give the Iphone SDK.

I remember that when they release the Iphone SDK if have to download a xcode version that include the SDK, this one does not.

Also I cannot build the project using GCC 4.2
I get thousand of error because it do no find the file #include <xmmintrin.h>
I find that very estrange that GCC 4.0 cannot find it and build fine, buy GCC 4.2 does not.
I do not know what to do about the iphone now, because I will check if It fnd the SDK in tha site.

I made a Big mistake updating to xcode 3.2
I am really sick and tire for these apple shenanigans, for what I can see Apple is sayin screw you, if you do no buy our later product will will no let you do anytgong.
How it is that after so mcu money ther people now tell my I still have to start form scratch.

I bought and Imac, $1600.00
When the Imac release OS10 I bought the os for $130
The I bought a Mac Pro $3000.00 and it came with OS 10.5
Now I upgrade to OS 10.6
And not this BS does not works, because Mac release a new SDK and invalidate everything.
F_u_c_k apple, I thonmg I will drop Iphone.
There are literally hundreds of hand held devices, and every one can be program without so much drama form Apple.
Julio Jerez

Postby Julio Jerez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:29 pm

well, the only thing I can thing off that is cause all this problem is that my registration for the I phone SDK spired.
I saw few Email asking me to renew it, and I did not replayed

I send teh Payment and the say they will replay in the Next 24 hour, when I get the approval will get xCode again and see if it work, because now there is nothong I can do
xcode 3.2 does not work and xcode 3.1 does not have iphone SDK

Hopefully when I release the engine Open source I will not have to do these nonsesence anymore,
I spend two day, and all I do was spent more and wasted my time.
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:04 am

I'm not sure how relevant it is. But Apple renamed iPhone SDK to iOS SDK. This is very same thing, but different display name.

That's a lot of money. A little bit disappointing when you see all those numbers at one place.

I do have <xmmintrin.h> with GCC 4.2 while building for simulator. However there is no SSE emulation on iPhone and therefore this header is not available.
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 am

thedmd wrote:I do have <xmmintrin.h> with GCC 4.2 while building for simulator. However there is no SSE emulation on iPhone and therefore this header is not available.

I know ther is not, teh xcode project is just oen project with different cofiguration,
the Intel Mac use SSE, teh G5 uses altivec, an dteh iphone just C.
when I selet GCC 4.2 the intel mac does no fine the <xmmintrin.h>, but GCC 4.0 does
this is very, very frustrating
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:34 pm

That's weird. I will test this for regular Mac OS X executable.
OK. I have this header with GCC 4.2. It's very likely your Xcode installation goes wrong somehow.

My setup: Mac OS X 10.6 with all updates and most recent Xcode. Everything is running fine.
I do not really know why you have those troubles.
thedmd

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 pm

I am sure that if I make the project again from scrath it will work, but I do not want to do that, the new version should be able to open and older project and recober all the information.
did you make your project with an older version of xcode?

I want to delegate all this cross patform mombo jumbo and concentrate on the engine,
the cross palfrom take more that 80% of my time.

In any case since Netwon is comming out open source, maybe some one want to contribute a new xcode project.
do you want t do that?
Julio Jerez

Postby thedmd » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:59 pm

No I didn't upgraded my project, they were build from scratch on newer Xcode version.
I can prepare Xcode projects for Newton.

It would be great if you will be able to focus on Newton itself.
thedmd

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs and Fixes