[FIXED] 2.25 CreateConvexHull+tolerance

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

[FIXED] 2.25 CreateConvexHull+tolerance

Postby ledahut » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 am

I know that in 2.23 and 2.24 the tolerance parameter didn't work very well.
In 2.25 it work fine.

But now, with one of my 3d-model [almost a plane, but not a plane], NewtonCreateConvexHull return a nil value even with 0.0f for tolerance.
Last edited by ledahut on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ledahut

Re: 2.25 CreateConvexHull+tolerance

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:34 pm

if it is not flat, it should work, as a mattrer of fact the routine will make convex hull out of a Flat flat as well,
however I do not let that happen because calcuting contacts for a convex hull polgon, is teh equivalent of contact on flat double side convex polygon.

That is the only reason convex hull on a flat plane does no reports the 2d convex hull of the polygon.

can I see the mesh, that is making it fail? maybe you can post it in some format so that I can try it

are you using teh convex hull for porpuse oteh than collision? if so you can try

NewtonMesh* NewtonMeshConvexHull (const NewtonWorld* world, int count, const dFloat* vertexCloud, int strideInBytes, dFloat tolerance);

the funtion that makes the collision is a wraper on top of that function,
try that and if it fail, I can move teh check fo flat poygon from this function to the one the makes the convex hull collision, that way people can make 2d convex hulls, just the same way as they make 3d hull.
Julio Jerez

Re: 2.25 CreateConvexHull+tolerance

Postby ledahut » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:54 am

After creating a new project with the same mesh, the convexhull is successfully build. So the bug is not in the dll but somewhere in my project.
I never use NewtonMeshConvexHull for the moment. Maybe another time.
Thank you anyway.
ledahut

Return to Bugs and Fixes