Joint and autosleep since 2.24

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Joint and autosleep since 2.24

Postby ledahut » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:11 am

I use customKinematic joint to grab newtonBody with mouse.
Since Newton 2.24, I can't grab Body when its sleepState is On. Because the joint does not wake up the body anymore. [Tested with newton.dll 2.23 and I have not this problem.].

I need to call NewtonBodySetAutoSleep(mybody,0), to resolve this problem, but I think it's not the way to do.
ledahut

Re: Joint and autosleep since 2.24

Postby Julio Jerez » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:38 am

Umm you are the secund person who say that, maybe I broke somethingg when I fix the trigger thing.

The propblem is that the Demos are is a Bad shape now because I am still woking in the file format.
I started this weekend to put then back together, but I realised I did not have a way to recreate the sample files since they are all in collada format and the editor is in early stage.
so I start to make a Blender Plug in so tha I can use an editor to reaload the Assets,

I am no planning is supportn mutiformat in demos, rather the editor, or pluygin for an editor will do that, but that strategy has a problem because it force me to have some editor working to do the convertions.
anyway I have the converter now and I will continue to port the demos to the new format.
on the bright side I managed to make the blender Plugin to export physics properties, so it is possible to make simple model in blender wich are rigic bodies already.

when I reach the demo that use the Pick Joint I will find out what is wrong, and I will fix it
you are not the only one with pendin big, I have negleted few other because I can not do any work with the Engine down.
hopefully by the end of the week we will back on bussines again.
Julio Jerez

Return to Bugs and Fixes