*Possible* bug with contact deletion

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

*Possible* bug with contact deletion

Postby kallaspriit » Thu May 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I have notices a weird situation. I have three bodies that penetrate each other (suspension components) and they have a material callback in which contacts between them are deleted. For some reason, the bodies involved explode to infinity in the first NGD world update call. The rest of the physics get real wierd from then on and eventually the application crashes. When I do not delete the contacts in the first frame but do delete them from the second frame on, everything works.

I don't know whether this is somehow my bug or OgreNewt bug, but it seems weird that it works when no contacts are deleted in the first frame and not when contacts are always deleted.

I don't have time to try to replicate this in NGD demos, but I'm just letting you know this is happening and perhaps there is some reason this would be happen.
kallaspriit

Re: *Possible* bug with contact deletion

Postby Julio Jerez » Thu May 06, 2010 3:27 pm

kallaspriit wrote:I don't know whether this is somehow my bug or OgreNewt bug, but it seems weird that it works when no contacts are deleted in the first frame and not when contacts are always deleted.

what do you mean when no contacts are deleted in the first frame. what is the first frame?
Julio Jerez

Re: *Possible* bug with contact deletion

Postby kallaspriit » Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

The first time NewtonUpdate() is called.

If I do not delete contacts the firs time NewtonUpdate() is called, application works. If I do, it explodes. Weird :P
kallaspriit

Return to Bugs and Fixes