Compound crash

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Re: Compound crash

Postby KingSnail » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks a lot of the tip Delfi, I added serializations in an offline program for the collision tree and the compound collision/convex hull and it loads instantly now :D
Is there a reserialize function in newton? if so I could write a program that loads a collision, and converts it to the newest version of the collision.
Working on an MMORPG powered by Newton Dynamics.
KingSnail

Postby JernejL » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:34 pm

KingSnail wrote:Thanks a lot of the tip Delfi, I added serializations in an offline program for the collision tree and the compound collision/convex hull and it loads instantly now :D
Is there a reserialize function in newton? if so I could write a program that loads a collision, and converts it to the newest version of the collision.

No, but i wrote a app which loads 2 versions of newton dll and converts convex hull compounds to new versions, it's not very generic, it's made for a game engine i worked on a short time ago.

If julio adds xml serialization.. that would work great, you would be able to re-serialize that easily.
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Postby Sash » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Don't know if it is a right place or if it is a bug or just my own wrong use, but I found following things:

In my engine I always used compound collisions, even if only one subcollision shape (just had no time to optimize).
Everything was fine with Convexhulls and other shapes, but when using MeshTree inside compound (created and displayed ok) it crashes at the moment of collison with another compund.
However I have no problems with MeshTree as nonwrapped in compound.

So, Is it allowed to use MeshTree inside compund collisions ?

Newton 2.19
Sash

Postby Julio Jerez » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:38 pm

you can not add a mesh tree to a compound.
Julio Jerez

Previous

Return to Bugs and Fixes