GetSpeed() do not working properly

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

GetSpeed() do not working properly

Postby Nikonek » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Hallo, I am integrating Newton to my game. I have a problem with CustomDGRayCastCar->GetSpeed(). Returned values are from -0.001 to 0.001. What I made wrong?
I use chassis matrix:
Code: Select all
   dMatrix chassisMatrix;
   chassisMatrix.m_front = dVector (0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
   chassisMatrix.m_up     = dVector (0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
   chassisMatrix.m_right = dVector (1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
   chassisMatrix.m_posit = dVector (0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);

CustomDGRayCastCar(uiTiresCount, chassisMatrix, carBody);

Please for help
Nikonek

Re: GetSpeed() do not working properly

Postby Julio Jerez » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Is is very good to know that, You as many others are trying to get the car going.
The demmand for the Ray cast car is too much for me to take in a one on one basic.
I am putting the time in getting the Tutorial out, that way I can help more people at once since you are not they only one confused with the raycast car.

These tutorial will be very focus and very simple, but because for that it take longer to make then than I estimated.
I am sure you will be about to get the car in as soon as the tutorial is out.

To lift you spirit I will show you a small video I made last night to show Delfi how the car Behave physically.

Do not dispaire my friend, I fill your desperation but I think the wait will payoff.
I am putting a lot of attention to details in these tutorial because tghis time I want people to use the Engine well ionsetad of getting stuff working by trial and error,
so far people are beating the engine setting bodies and joint with very precarious parameters that barely works, and I need to make sure that people use it in better ways.

I will give the RayCast car toturial some priority so the the many ysuer trying to get in in ther game can have soem relealeve.
Julio Jerez

Re: GetSpeed() do not working properly

Postby Nikonek » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:18 am

@Julio Jerez
Thank you very much for interesting this problem. I will wait for tutorial and now I will implement other Newton engine things, like materials or static collisions.
Nikonek

Return to Bugs and Fixes