Tire slip

Report any bugs here and we'll post fixes

Moderators: Sascha Willems, Thomas

Tire slip

Postby Dom66 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 am

Hi, i made a MultiBody vehicle in Netwon 2 and the wheels slips too much, how can i make them less slippery?
Dom66

Re: Tire slip

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 am

Julio Jerez

Postby Dom66 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 am

Well, the wheels are not jumping as in this topic, ill explain my problem. Lets say i accelerate up to maybe 5 km/h and brake very hard, the vehicle will slip almost two meters away like if it was made of soap. I saw on the wiki that you could set NewtonVehicleSetTireMaxLongitudinalSlideSpeed, which would maybe be what i need, but it is deprecated in newton 2...
how can i make the wheels less slippery
Dom66

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:46 am

The reason I say read that is because the Mutibody car is still in the prosses of being revisited.
For now the only option is the RayCast car until the Next Beta with will have a fully working mutibody car.
Julio Jerez

Postby Dom66 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 am

Ok, sorry, well thanks. Let's hope the next beta will be released soon, i like the new multibody vehicle
Dom66

Postby JernejL » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 am

Dom66 wrote: I saw on the wiki that you could set NewtonVehicleSetTireMaxLongitudinalSlideSpeed, which would maybe be what i need, but it is deprecated in newton 2...
how can i make the wheels less slippery

NewtonVehicleSetTireMaxLongitudinalSlideSpeed is marked as deprecated as the original car joint is currently not part of newton.h and i have not yet created pages for the new joint libraries.

Dom66: you could check your car masses and acceleration forces, it could be that your cars are simply too heavy to break the way you desire, while your engine power is enough to move the car mass the way you want, i had the same issue when i built my 2-d mini car lib.

Nice screenshots btw, but it could use some antialiasing ;)
Help improving the Newton Game Dynamics WIKI
JernejL

Postby Julio Jerez » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:34 am

Dom66 wrote:Ok, sorry, well thanks. Let's hope the next beta will be released soon, i like the new multibody vehicle

As soon as I get it from David I will put the Beta, maybe this week end if yo ucan hold on.
Nice Images BTW
Julio Jerez

Return to Bugs and Fixes